Re: Special Search using grep or a .py script

  • Thad Floryan
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013
      Since Yahoo's new brain-dead NEO interface prohibits me reading articles
      posted using Mutt (as Scott and Ed do), I can only see this line at the
      group's top level:

      "Re: Special Search using grep or a .py script ... What you're \
      after is a regular expression, something to ma"

      My article in this group's message archives with URLs to the Regular
      Expression Cheat Sheet PDF and other Cheat Sheets is article #62911

      Folks should learn to use this group's 15 years' worth of information
      resources going back to January 1998.

      Thad
    • chuck adams
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2013
        Thanks to Ed and Chris for the suggestions.
        I went with Ed's egrep script. Simple and
        elegant at the same time.

        I have always been a fan and user of grep,
        awk and sed and continue to learn more each
        time I need them.

        thanks again,

        chuck