(forw) [info@fsf.org: Celebrate GNU's big "three-o"]

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2013
      ----- Forwarded message from Free Software Foundation <info@...> -----

      Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 03:20:30 -0400
      From: Free Software Foundation <info@...>
      Subject: Celebrate GNU's big "three-o"

      Dear ,

      30 years ago, Richard Stallman published the announcement that would
      launch the free software movement.

      Celebrate software freedom online and at events being held all around
      the world. Visit our [Web page][1] to register for the big shebang in
      Boston, take action online, and learn about satellite events being
      held around the world.

      ### Celebrate online with GNU-a-Days and more

      Looking for an easy way to get in on the fun and support software
      freedom? Check out our [GNU-a-Days][1], daily challenges you can take
      throughout the month of September. Show your GNU pride by grabbing our
      special 30th anniversary Web badge for your site or profile
      picture. You can also make a [special 30th anniversary donation][2] to
      ensure that the GNU system enters its next decade stronger than
      ever. It's all at [our special GNU 30th Web page][1].

      ### 30th anniversary celebration and hackathon in Cambridge

      Have you [registered][3] for the big anniversary bash on September 27
      - 29 in Cambridge, MA yet?

      GNU system founder Richard Stallman will be there, as will many of
      GNU's early participants and the maintainers of GNU projects.

      In addition to cake and special remarks from Richard Stallman, the
      anniversary celebration will take the form of a hackathon. The
      hackathon will focus on important needs for free software in today's
      Internet-based world. Hackathon participants will include many GNU
      projects and other free software projects that fit the theme. They
      include: coreboot, Gnash, GNOME, GNU FM, GNU MediaGoblin, GNU social,
      Tahoe-LAFS, Tor, and others.

      ### Satellite events

      GNU supporters all over the world are planning their own celebrations,
      and we've listed them all on the [30th anniversary page][1]. Events
      are currently in the works in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cox's Bazaar,
      Bangladesh; Kitchener, Canada; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France;
      and Tokyo, Japan. Check back often for new additions. To host a
      satellite event in your area, contact <mailto:campaigns@...>.

      No matter who you are or where you live, we hope you'll find a way to
      celebrate the [30th anniversary of the GNU system][1].

      Happy Hacking,

      Libby Reinish
      FSF Campaigns Manager on behalf of GNU

      [1]: https://gnu.org/gnu30/ "GNU's 30th anniversary"
      [2]: https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom "Support the FSF"
      [3]: https://gnu.org/gnu30/celebration "GNU 30th anniversary celebration and hackathon"

      *You can view this post online at <https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/celebrate-gnus-big-three-o>.*
      --
      Follow us at https://status.fsf.org/fsf | Subscribe to our blogs via RSS at http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS
      Join us as an associate member at http://www.fsf.org/jf

      Sent from the Free Software Foundation,

      51 Franklin Street
      Fifth Floor
      Boston, MA 02110-1335
      United States

      To stop all email from the Free Software Foundation, including Defective by Design,
      and the Free Software Supporter newsletter, click this link: https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?redacted

      ----- End forwarded message -----