OT: Did you see the LA sink hole news...the trees sinking?

  • Joan Leach
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2013
      I spent this afternoon searching for more, and I was surprised to see it link back to that oil well disaster in the Gulf. That these salt mines are being stored with oil-by-products being stored and the company at fault is part of BP and perhaps Halliburton. What a mess, there's even mention of a volcano off-shore and the Navy dumping old bombs not that far away in the Gulf. They even showed how the Navy sees the US after New Madrid and California disasters in the future. LA and New Madrid is beginning to look possible at this rate. It looks like there might be tidal waves starting in LA sink hole, could that salt mine have fractured all the way to the gulf?

      Are any of guys privy to more info or web cam views that aren't peppered with doom, etc., if you know what I mean? I thought some of you might be looking into it, too...
      Joan in Reno

    • C. Beck
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2013
        On Aug 23, 2013 10:30 PM, "Joan Leach" <jleach728@...> wrote:

        > I spent this afternoon searching for more, and I was surprised to see it
        link back to that oil well disaster in the Gulf. That these salt mines are
        being stored with oil-by-products being stored and the company at fault is
        part of BP and perhaps Halliburton. What a mess, there's even mention of a
        volcano off-shore and the Navy dumping old bombs not that far away in the
        Gulf. They even showed how the Navy sees the US after New Madrid and
        California disasters in the future. LA and New Madrid is beginning to look
        possible at this rate. It looks like there might be tidal waves starting in
        LA sink hole, could that salt mine have fractured all the way to the gulf?

        I don't normally recommend reddit, but there was a thread about this and
        related YouTube video last week. There was at the time some very informed
        commentary on the reddit . com comment section. The thread was titled,
        "Louisiana's most entertaining sink hole" or similar. I would find the
        link for you but am traveling on mobile right now.

        > Are any of guys privy to more info or web cam views that aren't peppered
        with doom, etc., if you know what I mean? I thought some of you might be
        looking into it, too...
        > Joan in Reno

        I recall the comments in the article I mentioned above being fairly
        disalarmimg, but who knows what happened since I viewed it. Mob mentality
        tends to run rampant on any of these croud-sourcing news aggregates.