Re: OT: Complete CIA history of the U2 available for free download using wget

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 16, 2013
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Thad Floryan <thad@...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > -rw-r--r-- 1 thad staff 69668069 Aug 15 20:09 U2_history_complete.pdf
      > [...]

      Oops. It's 407 pages and includes a lot of photos and drawings.
    • Dale Miller
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 16, 2013
        On 8/16/2013 5:10 PM, Thad Floryan wrote:
        > The CIA has finally acknowledged the existence of 'Area 51' but they
        > apparently aren't yet ready to showcase the space aliens and their
        > flying saucers. :-)
        >
        > Coincident with the above revelation, the CIA also released a complete
        > history of the U2 spy plane on the George Washington University website
        > in Washington DC yesterday evening per what I just downloaded earlier
        > this afternoon:

        Have you seen this Thad?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03jZEkTCSRI

        --
        All the Best & 73's
        Dale Miller, KC2CBD

        Registered Linux User: #317401
        Linux since June 2003
        Registered Ubuntu User #26423

        stpatrick3spam@...
        stpatrick2spam@...
        stpatrick3spam@...
        bdchimneysweepspam@...

        (cut the spam to reply)

        VOTE TO REBUILD!
        www.twintowersalliance.com
        __
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 16, 2013
          --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Dale Miller <stpatrick2@...> wrote:
          > On 8/16/2013 5:10 PM, Thad Floryan wrote:
          >> The CIA has finally acknowledged the existence of 'Area 51' but
          >> they apparently aren't yet ready to showcase the space aliens and
          >> their flying saucers. :-)
          >>
          >> Coincident with the above revelation, the CIA also released a
          >> complete history of the U2 spy plane on the George Washington
          >> University website in Washington DC yesterday evening per what I
          >> just downloaded earlier this afternoon:
          >> [...]
          >
          > Have you seen this Thad?
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03jZEkTCSRI

          Hi Dale,

          I just did. :-)

          I have it on 'Pause' right at about 10 minutes because I wanted to
          reply to you now.

          First, I read the entirety of the 'U2 complete' PDF this afternoon;
          it was a very fast read. The reason that document was released is
          because it also documents the creation of Area 51 in great detail as
          the test and initial training base for the U2, and later the Oxcart
          and then the SR-71 and later the Aurora (whose contrail was known as
          'donuts on a rope' and could be easily tracked by USGS sensors due to
          the seismic activity stimulated by its pulse-jet engine).

          One of my aunts who lived in Southern California told me that for 6
          months they had a magnitude 3 to 4 earthquake every Thursday morning
          around 6am as the Aurora was returning from the Pacific overflying
          California on its return to its base at Area 51. The fact that it
          could so easily be tracked by inexpensive earthquake detectors was
          the reason for its cancellation.

          These superplanes have incredible capabilities. One of my students
          (of one of my database products I developed at NIS) was an SR-71 pilot
          and the stories he would tell were amazing. During some of the early
          tests they had to keep the SR-71 within the geographical boundaries
          of the USA and that it was difficult to avoid flying into Canada while
          making a turn to head East after takeoff -- the speed was so great.

          I wrote the above because it 100% controverts what I've heard that
          guy on the video discuss so far. I asked another friend to listen to
          it also and I'm awaiting his reply while I'm writing this.

          Quick summary: Area 51 is NOT where any space aliens and vehicles are
          being kept.

          With THAT written, I have to say that my Dad and I have seen some
          very unusual things that have no Earthly explanation. I'm also a
          friend of Jacques Vallée and we've worked together at the Institute
          For the Future on Sand Hill Road in Menlo Park CA and he, my Dad and
          I have had some "interesting" discussions. For those who don't know
          who Jacques is:

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Vall%C3%A9e

          Note he's changed his viewpoint to the same I've been speculating
          given string theory and the possibility we're actually living in an
          11+ dimension universe, that "visitors" and apparitions over the ages
          are not interstellar travelers but, instead, interdimensional. This
          explains a LOT if one thinks about it carefully and abides the known
          laws of physics. See (15 pages, 1.2MB):

          Five Arguments Against the Extraterrestrial Origin of
          Unidentified Flying Objects

          http://www.jacquesvallee.net/bookdocs/arguments.pdf

          I'd like to discuss this further but the linux group is not a proper
          venue. Maybe I should configure Wordpress on my website (already
          installed) and operate a blog. Hmmm, that would be item number 53921
          on my present "To Do" list. :-)

          I'm going to listen to the rest of the video to see if there's any
          useful info the guy reveals.

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 17, 2013
            On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 03:10:52PM -0700, Thad Floryan wrote:
            > The CIA has finally acknowledged the existence of 'Area 51' but they
            > apparently aren't yet ready to showcase the space aliens and their
            > flying saucers. :-)

            XKCD had an interesting cartoon about that ...

            > Coincident with the above revelation, the CIA also released a complete
            > history of the U2 spy plane on the George Washington University website
            > in Washington DC yesterday evening per what I just downloaded earlier
            > this afternoon:
            >
            > -rw-r--r-- 1 thad staff 69668069 Aug 15 20:09 U2_history_complete.pdf
            >
            > If the subject interests you, don't even think of using a browser to
            > download the file since it's 99% certain to fail, use wget as I did
            > as shown in the following log (long lines trimmed and/or folded) and
            > note I replaced the spaces in the filename with "_" after download:

            Mirrored it on my server in the UK:

            http://www.usenix.org.uk/files/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdF

            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 17, 2013
              On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 10:26:40AM +0100, ed wrote:
              > Mirrored it on my server in the UK:
              >
              > http://www.usenix.org.uk/files/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdF

              Oh, my mistake, that should be:

              http://www.usenix.org.uk/files/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdf

              Sorry for the 404's.

              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 17, 2013
                --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:
                > On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 03:10:52PM -0700, Thad Floryan wrote:
                > > The CIA has finally acknowledged the existence of 'Area 51' but
                > > Coincident with the above revelation, the CIA also released a
                > > complete history of the U2 spy plane on the George Washington
                > > University website in Washington DC yesterday evening per what I
                > > just downloaded earlier this afternoon:
                > >
                > > -rw-r--r-- 1 thad staff 69668069 ... U2_history_complete.pdf
                > >
                > > If the subject interests you, don't even think of using a browser
                > > to download the file since it's 99% certain to fail, use wget as
                > > I did ...
                >
                > Mirrored it on my server in the UK:
                >
                > http://www.usenix.org.uk/files/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdF

                Hi Ed,

                Wonderful! Will you be leaving it online for awhile? It's an
                excellent and a fast read -- I did all 400 pages in less than 2 hours
                which included doing some 'Net searching to verify certain items. I
                was really surprised to notice that not much was redacted -- mostly
                the names and countries of the original pilots so that if a U2 came
                down in the USSR there wouldn't be any US military pilot aboard to
                anger Nikita Khrushchev http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Khrushchev

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 17, 2013
                  --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:

                  > On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 10:26:40AM +0100, ed wrote:
                  > > Mirrored it on my server in the UK:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.usenix.org.uk/files/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdF
                  >
                  > Oh, my mistake, that should be:
                  >
                  > http://www.usenix.org.uk/files/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdf
                  >
                  > Sorry for the 404's.

                  Bummer -- welcome to the club. :-)

                  I wish there was some way to edit the messages in the archives [or at
                  least by the owners/moderators]; this is yet another big failing of
                  Yahoo.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 18, 2013
                    On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 10:32:22PM -0000, thad_floryan wrote:
                    > Hi Ed,
                    >
                    > Wonderful! Will you be leaving it online for awhile? It's an

                    Yeah, it'll remain until I need the disk space, which shouldn't be for a
                    long time. I'd probably drop some mirror sites first though as they're
                    much better space hogs than a 67M file, would be the official answer...

                    > excellent and a fast read -- I did all 400 pages in less than 2 hours
                    > which included doing some 'Net searching to verify certain items. I
                    > was really surprised to notice that not much was redacted -- mostly
                    > the names and countries of the original pilots so that if a U2 came
                    > down in the USSR there wouldn't be any US military pilot aboard to
                    > anger Nikita Khrushchev http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Khrushchev

                    Not read the document yet, just mirroring as you reported trouble of
                    retrieval. There are things higher on the list to start reading, such as
                    Self-Service Linux (Message-ID: <51DC8AD6.1040906@...>, should
                    migration to other group ever happen).

                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 18, 2013
                      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:
                      > [...]
                      > Not read the document yet, just mirroring as you reported trouble of
                      > retrieval. There are things higher on the list to start reading, such
                      > as
                      > Self-Service Linux (Message-ID: <51DC8AD6.1040906@...>, should
                      > migration to other group ever happen).

                      Hi Ed,

                      The Yahoo message archives are not searchable by 'Message-ID' via the
                      web interface; they would be so searchable on a local disk assemblage
                      retrieved using the yahoo2mbox program which includes full headers.

                      I presume you meant one of these two [my] articles:

                      Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 pm
                      Free eBook PDF download: Self-Service Linux (2005)
                      or
                      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/linux/message/59864
                      Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:25 pm
                      Free eBook Self-Service Linux: Mastering Problem Determination

                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 19, 2013
                        On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 03:25:14AM -0000, thad_floryan wrote:
                        > --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:
                        > > [...]
                        > > Not read the document yet, just mirroring as you reported trouble of
                        > > retrieval. There are things higher on the list to start reading, such
                        > > as
                        > > Self-Service Linux (Message-ID: <51DC8AD6.1040906@...>, should
                        > > migration to other group ever happen).

                        Did that Message-ID get trimmed when you or anyone else viewed the mail
                        in an email client? It contained 'thadlabs.com' in the Message-ID when I
                        posted it.

                        > The Yahoo message archives are not searchable by 'Message-ID' via the
                        > web interface; they would be so searchable on a local disk assemblage
                        > retrieved using the yahoo2mbox program which includes full headers.

                        Mine are all stored in Maildir form on the local disk, or mbox monthly
                        archives when I deem it less useful to consume space. Maildir is really
                        quick and indexable, mbox isn't indexable if it's growing/changing, thus
                        requires a scan. On the other hand, Maildir consumes more space and
                        inodes. So every month I archive to mbox. Bit of a bind, but it works
                        for me.

                        > I presume you meant one of these two [my] articles:

                        > Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 pm
                        > Free eBook PDF download: Self-Service Linux (2005)
                        > or
                        > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/linux/message/59864
                        > Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:25 pm
                        > Free eBook Self-Service Linux: Mastering Problem Determination

                        You posted it more recently than those, but no doubt it's the same
                        content.

                        Still unread by me, but the TOC looks familiar and I will read it soon.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 19, 2013
                          --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:
                          > On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 03:25:14AM -0000, thad_floryan wrote:
                          >> --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@> wrote:
                          >>> [...]
                          >>> Not read the document yet, just mirroring as you reported trouble of
                          >>> retrieval. There are things higher on the list to start reading, such
                          >>> as
                          >>> Self-Service Linux (Message-ID: <51DC8AD6.1040906@>, should
                          >>> migration to other group ever happen).
                          >
                          > Did that Message-ID get trimmed when you or anyone else viewed the
                          > mail in an email client? It contained 'thadlabs.com' in the
                          > Message-ID when I posted it.

                          Yahoo truncates URLs and email addresses in the archives for some
                          unknown reason. People who've requested email delivery of messages
                          posted to the group get the complete URLs and email addresses but they
                          are truncated in the archives.

                          I do NOT have email sent to me from any group EXCEPT for owner and/or
                          moderator messages sent by Yahoo. I use the message archives to read
                          everything posted by group members.

                          >> I presume you meant one of these two [my] articles:

                          >> Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 pm
                          >> Free eBook PDF download: Self-Service Linux (2005)
                          >> or
                          >> http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/linux/message/59864
                          >> Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:25 pm
                          >> Free eBook Self-Service Linux: Mastering Problem Determination
                          >
                          > You posted it more recently than those, but no doubt it's the same
                          > content.

                          Hmmm, it wasn't in my local copy of every message I've sent to the
                          group. I used Yahoo's group message search and just now found this:

                          Tue Jul 9, 2013 3:12 pm
                          Free PDF "SELF-SERVICE LINUX" for download

                          which I haven't even read which explains why it's not in my local disk
                          archive. In fact, there's a block of messages I haven't read yet in a
                          grouping around the same date of the above (early July 2013); I may
                          have been out of town then -- I don't keep track of when I'm away
                          anymore. Also in fact, there's another grouping of message (some 50
                          or so) around January 2013 I haven't read yet either. One of these
                          days I'll catch up as soon as I get a round tuit. :-)

                          Seems there's a bunch I haven't read yet. The items in blue on this
                          PNG are unread, the ones in pink are read. Note the first message
                          shown is 63249 and it's in blue (unread). Damifino what that Yahoo
                          bar is doing in the picture -- it wasn't there when I snapshotted:

                          http://thadlabs.com/PIX/Yahoo_linux_unread.png 171kB

                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 19, 2013
                            > Seems there's a bunch I haven't read yet. The items in blue on this
                            > PNG are unread, the ones in pink are read. Note the first message
                            > shown is 63249 and it's in blue (unread). Damifino what that Yahoo
                            > bar is doing in the picture -- it wasn't there when I snapshotted:
                            >
                            > http://thadlabs.com/PIX/Yahoo_linux_unread.png 171kB

                            The bar seems to be more idiocy from Yahoo's new apparently insane CEO
                            Marissa Mayer as you can hear in this short video (which is just audio)
                            which features her Yahoo laugh -- the Webster dictionary definition of
                            a Yahoo is 'idiot' and that summarizes the Yahoo company exactly:

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg 2 minutes MM insanity

                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 20, 2013
                              On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:05:18PM -0000, thad_floryan wrote:
                              > --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "thad_floryan" <thad@...> wrote:
                              > > [...]
                              > > Seems there's a bunch I haven't read yet. The items in blue on this
                              > > PNG are unread, the ones in pink are read. Note the first message
                              > > shown is 63249 and it's in blue (unread). Damifino what that Yahoo
                              > > bar is doing in the picture -- it wasn't there when I snapshotted:
                              > >
                              > > http://thadlabs.com/PIX/Yahoo_linux_unread.png 171kB
                              >
                              > The bar seems to be more idiocy from Yahoo's new apparently insane CEO
                              > Marissa Mayer as you can hear in this short video (which is just audio)
                              > which features her Yahoo laugh -- the Webster dictionary definition of
                              > a Yahoo is 'idiot' and that summarizes the Yahoo company exactly:
                              >
                              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg 2 minutes MM insanity

                              Yikes, that's terrible!

                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 20, 2013
                                --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:

                                > On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:05:18PM -0000, thad_floryan wrote:
                                > > --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "thad_floryan" <thad@> wrote:
                                > > > [...]
                                > > > http://thadlabs.com/PIX/Yahoo_linux_unread.png 171kB
                                > >
                                > > The bar seems to be more idiocy from Yahoo's new apparently
                                > > insane CEO Marissa Mayer as you can hear in this short video
                                > > (which is just audio) which features her Yahoo laugh -- the
                                > > Webster dictionary definition of a Yahoo is 'idiot' and that
                                > > summarizes the Yahoo company exactly:
                                > >
                                > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg 2 minutes MM insanity
                                >
                                > Yikes, that's terrible!

                                Hi Ed,

                                I attended that function at Stanford and I nearly puked up my pizza
                                after listening/watching Marissa Mayer. She's the moron, as Yahoo's
                                current CEO (what, 10 CEOs in 5 years now?), who decides whether Yahoo
                                Groups (e.g., linux) lives or dies. Another YAHU FUBAR SNAFU happened
                                last night where, if one clicked [REPLY] to a group message, there is
                                no prior quoted context to which one can reply. This seems to be only
                                with certain groups (about 50% of those to which I subscribe as of
                                last night).

                                WTF?!

                                Yahoo is really going down the toilet quickly, even faster than the
                                Mythbusters can shoot a cannon into a populated city like what they
                                did in 2011. To be fair, it was Grant, Tori, and the other idiot
                                who did it. Lessee here:

                                http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/07/BAN31M9Q81.DTL

                                aka

                                http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/MythBusters-hosts-Sorry-about-that-cannonball-2378539.php

                                That really, REALLY sucked dead bunnies through a straw.

                                The Discovery channel, which hosts the Mythbusters (who are in the
                                'Frico Bay Area like I am), is so far behind producing the seasonal
                                Mythbusters DVDs that I'm about to take some drastic action since I
                                want to see those idiots, Adam and Jamie, screw up while I'm eating
                                dinner and watching DVDs. :-)

                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 20, 2013
                                  On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 02:37:17PM -0000, thad_floryan wrote:
                                  > --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:

                                  > > > The bar seems to be more idiocy from Yahoo's new apparently
                                  > > > insane CEO Marissa Mayer as you can hear in this short video
                                  > > > (which is just audio) which features her Yahoo laugh -- the
                                  > > > Webster dictionary definition of a Yahoo is 'idiot' and that
                                  > > > summarizes the Yahoo company exactly:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg 2 minutes MM insanity
                                  > >
                                  > > Yikes, that's terrible!
                                  >
                                  > Hi Ed,
                                  >
                                  > I attended that function at Stanford and I nearly puked up my pizza
                                  > after listening/watching Marissa Mayer. She's the moron, as Yahoo's
                                  > current CEO (what, 10 CEOs in 5 years now?), who decides whether Yahoo
                                  > Groups (e.g., linux) lives or dies. Another YAHU FUBAR SNAFU happened
                                  > last night where, if one clicked [REPLY] to a group message, there is
                                  > no prior quoted context to which one can reply. This seems to be only
                                  > with certain groups (about 50% of those to which I subscribe as of
                                  > last night).
                                  >
                                  > WTF?!
                                  >
                                  > Yahoo is really going down the toilet quickly, even faster than the
                                  > Mythbusters can shoot a cannon into a populated city like what they
                                  > did in 2011. To be fair, it was Grant, Tori, and the other idiot
                                  > who did it. Lessee here:
                                  >
                                  > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/07/BAN31M9Q81.DTL
                                  >
                                  > aka
                                  >
                                  > http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/MythBusters-hosts-Sorry-about-that-cannonball-2378539.php
                                  >
                                  > That really, REALLY sucked dead bunnies through a straw.

                                  Oh, this will probably have to be another point where we disagree Thad!

                                  I really like what the Mythbusters are doing. They don't always get
                                  experiments that meet their expected results, but they are putting
                                  something educational on the telly and getting youths interested in
                                  science, which is the main point.

                                  IIRC their apology to the residents was quite good, can't remember the
                                  details but I think it was some kind of community service :)

                                  > The Discovery channel, which hosts the Mythbusters (who are in the
                                  > 'Frico Bay Area like I am), is so far behind producing the seasonal
                                  > Mythbusters DVDs that I'm about to take some drastic action since I
                                  > want to see those idiots, Adam and Jamie, screw up while I'm eating
                                  > dinner and watching DVDs. :-)

                                  Jamie is a linux advocate don't-cha-know :)

                                  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_adopters#Celebrities>

                                • Pascal
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Aug 22, 2013
                                    Hi Thad,

                                    --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Thad Floryan <thad@...> wrote:

                                    [snip]

                                    > Coincident with the above revelation, the CIA also released a complete
                                    > history of the U2 spy plane on the George Washington University website
                                    > in Washington DC yesterday evening per what I just downloaded earlier
                                    > this afternoon:
                                    >
                                    > -rw-r--r-- 1 thad staff 69668069 Aug 15 20:09 U2_history_complete.pdf
                                    >
                                    > If the subject interests you, don't even think of using a browser to
                                    > download the file since it's 99% certain to fail, use wget as I did
                                    > as shown in the following log (long lines trimmed and/or folded) and
                                    > note I replaced the spaces in the filename with "_" after download:
                                    >
                                    > $ wget http://www.gwu.edu/sites/www.gwu.edu/files/downloads/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdf
                                    > --2013-08-16 14:13:57-- http://www.gwu.edu/sites/www.gwu.edu/files/\
                                    > downloads/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdf
                                    > Resolving www.gwu.edu (www.gwu.edu)... 128.164.1.16
                                    > Connecting to www.gwu.edu (www.gwu.edu)|128.164.1.16|:80... connected.
                                    > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
                                    > Length: 69668069 (66M) [application/pdf]
                                    > Saving to: `U2 history complete.pdf'
                                    >
                                    > 33% [===========> ] 23,382,950 34.7K/s in 10m 10s
                                    >
                                    > 2013-08-16 14:24:07 (37.4 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 23382950.\
                                    > Retrying.
                                    >
                                    > --2013-08-16 14:24:09-- (try: 2) http://www.gwu.edu/sites/www.gwu.edu/\
                                    > files/downloads/U2%20%20history%20complete.pdf
                                    > Connecting to www.gwu.edu (www.gwu.edu)|128.164.1.16|:80... connected.
                                    > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
                                    > Length: 69668069 (66M) [application/pdf]
                                    > Saving to: `U2 history complete.pdf'
                                    >
                                    > 100%[==========...============>] 69,668,069 635K/s in 2m 1s
                                    >
                                    > 2013-08-16 14:26:09 (564 KB/s) - `U2 history complete.pdf' saved \
                                    > [69668069/69668069]

                                    I was perfectly able to download the document via my web browser (Firefox) and when I asked a couple friends of mine to do likewise they succeeded as well without any issues. Can other people from the US (or any other place for that matter) confirm that the download works only with wget?

                                    I have the admittedly very speculative notion that perhaps our intelligence agency here in Germany (BND - Bundesnachrichtendienst,, Federal Intelligence Agency) has less qualms about letting people get information on US military/surveillance actions than do its American counterparts. (Or they are just not as technically sophisticated as the Americans) So maybe your browsers get blocked for this document (according to IP addresses) but mine doesn't due to a 'German' IP address? This is only a wild guess and may seem somewhat paranoid, but these days...no one can be sure anymore about anything!
                                  • J
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Aug 22, 2013
                                      On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Pascal <pascal.bernhard@...> wrote:
                                      > I was perfectly able to download the document via my web browser (Firefox) and when I asked a couple friends of mine to do likewise they succeeded as well without any issues. Can other people from the US (or any other place for that matter) confirm that the download works only with wget?

                                      I was able to pull it via Chrome on Ubuntu (I also wgot it initially
                                      as well, but that's because I usually just feed download urls into
                                      wget instead of opening them in a browser if I can).