Re: Anyone else have AT&T as an ISP?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 12, 2013
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "jleach728@..." <jleach728@...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > Thanks for the reply, I'm on U-Verse now, the last tech said there
      > will be an update in August to this 2Wire gateway modem, perhaps it
      > will help. If Charter wasn't pushing bundling so hard, maybe I'd think
      > of them. A local outfit, Great Basin, sponsors the Reno LUG here in
      > town...time to change will eventually come I suppose.

      Hi Joan,

      Our mutual friend there in Reno (the composer/musician) has Charter
      service but I don't know what he's paying for it. Last time he sent
      me info he was getting around 25 Mbps download and 3 or 4 Mbps upload
      using the same model Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 modem I have.

      With Comcast, I get around 28-30Mbps download and 5-6 Mbps upload
      because I have more bonded channels with Comcast than he has with
      Charter. I regularly get 2.5 to 3 MBytes/S on downloads.

      We both have only Internet broadband service with our respective cable
      companies, no TV at all. I have a large antenna system and nowadays
      the only thing I watch on TV is the once-a-year Superbowl:

      http://thadlabs.com/PIX/LX200/index.html antenna setup on tower

      Thad
    • Michael Sullivan
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 13, 2013
        On 06/12/13 20:01, thad_floryan wrote:

        > --- In linux@yahoogroups.com <mailto:linux%40yahoogroups.com>, Joan
        > Leach <jleach728@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I ask because I just noticed something I never did before ...
        >> Yesterday, or so, I started having problems getting to
        >> Distrowatch.com from my bookmark and also from Google search, from
        >> other links, too. So I put on Zorin 7 RC , I thought my problems
        >> were over when my Distrowatch.com bookmark worked again. However
        >> today I get the dreaded /missing.php again.
        >
        > Hi Joan,
        >
        > What happens when you click this URL:
        >
        > http://distrowatch.com/
        >
        >> I started to type distrowatch.com into the address/search bar
        >> combo, when I noticed one of the history items was: distrowatch.com
        >> - AT&T GUI...the AT&T GUI was sort of grayed out, but is this what
        >> is causing the problem?
        >
        > You need to provide more information:
        >
        > 1. what browser,
        > 2. what is the browser's version number, and
        > 3. exactly on what Linux system is this occuring? Version number.
        >
        >> Could my not declaring that Chrome is my choice the cause?
        >
        > Chrome is Google. Perhaps the NSA is playing with your URLs. :-)
        >
        >> I thought I could just pick and choose between them...
        >
        > Between what?
        >
        > Thad

        I have AT&T DSL (until next week) and I could get to Distrowatch fine
        using Thad's link with Seamonkey-2.1.7 on Gentoo Linux.
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 13, 2013
          --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@...> wrote:
          > [...]
          > I have AT&T DSL (until next week) and I could get to Distrowatch fine
          > using Thad's link with Seamonkey-2.1.7 on Gentoo Linux.

          Hi Michael,

          As revealed yesterday in this message:

          Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:07 pm

          the problem was solely with Google's "Chrome" browser and the solution
          is to delete/uninstall Chrome which makes perfect sense even without
          the DistroWatch problem that Joan experienced due to other "issues"
          with Google stuff.

          Every other browser (e.g., Firefox, et al) Joan tested on the same
          system worked properly. With Chrome, it apparently intercepted the
          AT&T GUI per Joan's description and that's probably part'n'parcel of
          Google's ties to the NSA and keylogging, snooping and spying which
          implies Google probably never tested Chrome on the Zorin linux distro.