Here is the Yahoo FF add-on I mentioned

  • Joan Leach
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2013
      https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/yahoo-toolbar/
      Sorry, but I can't find a way to edit the emails on Yahoo any longer. When I have more time, I'll have to figure out how to copy and paste them in somehow from one to another perhaps having two tabs of Yahoo Webmail open at once. Dang nuisance it is...
      Joan in Reno

      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2013
        --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Joan Leach <jleach728@...> wrote:

        > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/yahoo-toolbar/

        Hi Joan,

        That's a v-e-r-y interesting page. It confirms the Mozilla backdoors
        where they can change things on your system without your knowledge
        (e.g., updating Firefox even though it's been turned off, deleting
        Java and Javaruntime on your system just to add some spice in your
        life, and I'm sure many more nefarious things; that's why I reverted
        to Firefox 16.0.2 on ALL my systems and many friends' systems, too,
        because the Firefox back door was used by Mozilla to alter a Ubuntu
        system disabling the ability to view streaming sports video. I fixed
        all that by killing all the Mozilla material on the system and doing
        a fresh install of Firefox 16.0.2 and no problems since then.

        It also sort-of implies one needs the Yahoo-specific version of
        Firefox; damifino why. And one commenter stated the Yahoo toolbar is
        a POS. :-) :-)

        Your needs might be better served using the local HTML home page(s)
        scheme I've written about here many times before. This scheme used
        simple ASCII text HTML pages to display buttons that instantly go to
        web sites of interest -- much, MUCH better and faster than bookmarks.

        > Sorry, but I can't find a way to edit the emails on Yahoo any
        > longer. When I have more time, I'll have to figure out how to copy
        > and paste them in somehow from one to another perhaps having two
        > tabs of Yahoo Webmail open at once. Dang nuisance it is...

        That sounds about par for Yahoo. :-)

        Editing in the simplest case "should" be simply typing text and/or
        moving the cursor to a new screen location and typing text and/or
        copy'n'pasting and/or cutting and/or simply inserting as required.

        The backspace keyboard key "should" be deleting backwards a character
        at a time.

        I'm assuming you mean Yahoo's actual email system. Though I have an
        account, it's in the UK/Ireland for better privacy control:

        http://thadlabs.com/PIX/Thad_Yahoo_UK_email.png

        That test (December 2012, above URL) was the first time I've used the
        account in ages.

        The Yahoo web interface to Groups (which I use almost 99% of the time
        when replying) is actually quite easy to use, though some times for
        complex replies I'll copy'n'paste back and forth between Yahoo and a
        local emacs instance.

        In case you were unaware, here's the web interface to this group:

        Just about all messages require a fixed-width font to view properly --
        and why Yahoo defaults to proportional fault is yet another Yahoo
        stupidity -- and fixed-width is chosen on a message-by-message basis
        by clicking on the "Options" just beneath the article title mid-screen
        and selecting "Use Fixed Width Font".

        That's not going to help you with Yahoo Email, though. Perhaps you
        need to select "Mail Classic" as you can near the upper-left corner
        of my UK email PNG file (URL above).

        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2013
          On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 07:46:08AM -0000, thad_floryan wrote:
          [...]
          > The backspace keyboard key "should" be deleting backwards a character
          > at a time.

          Well, that all depends if you're in command or insert mode :)

          > I'm assuming you mean Yahoo's actual email system. Though I have an
          > account, it's in the UK/Ireland for better privacy control:
          >
          > http://thadlabs.com/PIX/Thad_Yahoo_UK_email.png

          I wasn't aware of that. Glad to know we're doing some things right.

          > The Yahoo web interface to Groups (which I use almost 99% of the time
          > when replying) is actually quite easy to use, though some times for
          > complex replies I'll copy'n'paste back and forth between Yahoo and a
          > local emacs instance.

          For editing within the browser I *always* use the It's All Text plugin,
          which is fantastic, I honestly am a little less frustrated when filling
          in textboxes on the web:

          <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/its-all-text/>

          There's a couple of huge benefits:

          1. when submitting data, you can leave your editor open so vital form
          data doesn't get eaten by the internets
          2. editing is quicker for me when done within vim
          3. tabs, how the heck does one enter a tab in a text field without
          going to the next control and without having to copy/paste it from
          elsewhere

          Hope that's of some help, really, use this plugin, I've been using it
          for best part of a decade I reckon...