Re: [linux] Domain Expiry Check shell script -- VERY USEFUL

  • J
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 8:19 AM
      On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Thad Floryan <thad@...> wrote:

      > One correspondent in the Usenet ba.internet group wrote he lost one of
      > his domains -- no thanks to the clowns at Tucows -- and another person
      > responded with this URL:
      >
      > http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/domain-check-script.html
      >
      > where we find this comment:
      >
      > " I've already written about a shell script to check / monitor
      > " domain renew / expiration date here. Now I’ve modified matt’s
      > " domain-check script to support additional C/TLDs .in, .biz, .org
      > " and .info domains. I've also added 5 seconds delay to avoid
      > " whois server rejecting query. This script checks to see if a
      > " domain has expired. It can be run in interactive and batch mode,
      > " and provides facilities to alarm if a domain is about to expire
      > " in advance.
      >
      > Usage examples are at the above URL.
      >
      > Download (15kB):
      >
      > http://www.cyberciti.biz/files/scripts/domain-check-2.txt

      Thanks Thad! And great timing too, I have a couple domain names that
      are coming due that I'd forgotten about until I played with this
      script. One of them is due this month and I had forgotten all about
      it. Heh, this is a great little script.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4 12:26 PM
        --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, J <dreadpiratejeff@...> wrote:

        > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Thad Floryan <thad@...> wrote:
        > > [...]
        > > http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/domain-check-script.html
        > > [...]
        > > http://www.cyberciti.biz/files/scripts/domain-check-2.txt
        > > [...]
        >
        > Thanks Thad! And great timing too, I have a couple domain names that
        > are coming due that I'd forgotten about until I played with this
        > script. One of them is due this month and I had forgotten all about
        > it. Heh, this is a great little script.

        Hi Jeff,

        You're very welcome! I'm always keeping an eye open for little gems
        like the above. I still need to update my 'makehosts' script to handle
        more evil adware and malware sites -- I will get a round tuit. :-)