2 Firefox addons (was: Re: SLACKEL 3.0, a distro with a 2-week release cycle)

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2013
      > Hmmm. The link-visitor addon simply allows one to mark an HTML
      > "a href" URL link as either visited or non-visited per a color change
      > (unless modified by CSS). The simplest web pages using "a href" show
      > by default the presence of a link in blue and in pink after the link
      > has been clicked-on/visited.
      > [...]

      One simple example of what I use on many/most of my web pages follows
      noting it's in the "head" of an HTML page between 'style type="text/css"'
      and '/style' constructs; note I omitted the "<" and ">" since we don't
      permit HTML for this group's messages and also because Yahoo goes ape
      when it sees HTML.

      a {font-family: Times, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-style: normal; text-decoration: none;}
      a:link {color: #0000CD;}
      a:visited {color: #0000CD;}
      a:hover {color: #00FF00; text-decoration: underline;}
      a.dead:link {color: #0000CD;}
      a.dead:visited {color: #FF0000;}
      a.dead:hover {color: #FF0000; text-decoration: none;}

      body {font-family: Times, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-style: normal; color: #000000; text-decoration: none;}

      BTW, in case it's not obvious, fonts can be easily moved from Windows
      boxes to Linux and that's in addition to the multitude of free fonts
      available on the web. I have over 5000 fonts in all my systems' font
      directories. :-)