Re: Missed this one yesterday

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2013
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, J <dreadpiratejeff@...> wrote:

      > This is definitely one of the better ones I've read, just sorry I
      > missed it yesterday:
      >
      > http://joearms.github.com/2013/04/01/too-big-to-fail.html
      >
      > Image from Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!
      >
      > I'm proud to announce a new extension to Erlang. After twelve years
      > of discussion, we've added the too_big_to_fail flag to processes.
      > [...]

      Hah! Funny thing is, if you understand what Erlang does, it really
      doesn't/didn't sound like a joke. More info:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_%28programming_language%29

      Note the first version was developed by Joe Armstrong in 1986. With a
      name like that it's gotta be good. :-) Almost as good a name as
      "Dave Austin", one of my ex-neighbors who was a pilot for US Air and
      is now retired and moved to Monterey CA.

      Interesting, per Wikipedia: the latest release of Erlang is R16B,
      27 February 2013; 32 days ago.

      I still prefer assembly language and C for REAL work.