Re: XKCD Linux Cheat Shirt

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2013
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "jerry_mccarthy_uk" <jerry_mccarthy_uk@...> wrote:
      > --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Thad Floryan <thad@> wrote:
      > > http://store.xkcd.com/products/linux-cheat-shirt
      > > [...]
      > > Somehow I have the impression the XKCD T-shirt's lettering won't
      > > survive a washing, so that means it's either a one-use-only shirt
      > > or one should never wash it.
      >
      > In fact, I have one of these:
      >
      > http://store.xkcd.com/collections/apparel/products/tech-support
      >
      > Coincidentally, I am actually wearing it, in the office, today.
      >
      > It relates to this comic: http://xkcd.com/627/

      Hi Jerry,

      Interesting. Reminds me of the periodic table of the elements t-shirt
      worn by Julianne Moore in the movie EVOLUTION:

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251075/

      an Ivan Reitman film that also features Fox, er, David Duchovny -- it
      is an enjoyable movie that I've watched at least 10 times over the
      past decade.

      > I have had it a couple of years, and it has been through the
      > washing machine an appropriate number of times and has not been
      > damaged by the experience. Like the "linux-cheat-shirt", it has
      > a black background with white writing and drawing; I guess the
      > "linux-cheat-shirt" should be able to survive too!

      VERY interesting! I suppose the 'washability' factor for decorated
      t-shirts has been greatly improved since the last time I washed one
      and washed-away the appliqué (this was back in the 1970s or 1980s).

      > The explainxkcd wiki has been overloaded lately, exactly because of
      > comic number #1190; when you do get through it says this at the top:
      >
      > "Hello. We've been getting a lot of traffic in light of the latest
      > xkcd comic, and the server is having a hard time coping with it.
      > Please be patient, and don't try refreshing the pages to get over
      > the errors; instead, we suggest you to go sit by a lake and return
      > later; hopefully things should have stabilized by then. Thanks for
      > your understanding".
      >
      > "Sit by a lake" is a reference to: http://xkcd.com/1024/

      Thank you for the additional info!