Re: Semi-OT: Killfiles and why asking questions CORRECTLY is important

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 27 6:15 PM
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > See my source for news and opinion, cracked.com.
      >
      > http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/twitter-sums-up-everything-bad-about-itself-in-one-video/
      >
      > (I didn't watch the video, just read the article. Some obscene
      > language)

      I thought the "language" was appropriate given the context.

      Item #1 re: the Japan earthquake and tsunami reminded me that most folks
      are unaware the Fukushima site was originally 100% safe from tsunames
      but they deliberately lowered it to facilitate cooling; two-part article
      here from Japan Times in English WITH PHOTOS of what the idiots did:

      http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20110713a2.html

      http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20110714a2.html

      I have a ton of material in my files about that incident. Only one
      city mayor in Japan had the foresight to build a huge wall around his
      city after reviewing the hundreds of years of markers along the hills
      showing prior tsunami level -- his city was the only one spared from
      the 2011 tsunami. #%^&@%& Yahoo News is a POS and the article is no
      longer online ... until now, I just uploaded my PDF re: Fudai:

      http://thadlabs.com/FILES/Fudai_tsunami_safe.pdf 82kB

      Another eye-opener is this 1896 National Geographic article with photo
      of a prior tsunami in the EXACT SAME PLACE circa Fukushima at the
      North-East coast of Hondo:

      http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/1896/09/japan-tsunami/scidmore-text

      Idiots never learn from history and are doomed to repeat the same
      misteaks (sic) over and over again ad infinitum.