Re: Further details about Yahoo breaches and "Reflected XSS"

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > The phone to me is not a gaming platform, it's not a work platform,
      > its just something I use to carry information.
      > [...]

      Understood, and I can appreciate a smartphone under certain conditions. One is for info lookup such as when a bunch of us are
      together playing "Trivial Pursuit" and I come up with an answer that
      no one believes and it needs to be verified.

      As an example, last Thanksgiving I was at the Fairchild CEO's home and
      we're playing that game and one question was (paraphrased) "ancient
      language beginning with 'H'" and my answer was 'Hittite' which no one
      believed until the CEO's son (my best friend's daughter's husband and
      also a doctor) used his smartphone and looked up 'Hittite' and I was
      vindicated and, in fact, won the game -- everyone else had answered
      'Hebrew' which hadn't even occurred to me. For the curious:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hittite_language

      Note the magazines I get each month include (among others) ARCHAELOGY
      ( http://www.archaeology.org ), ASTRONOMY, Astronomy Technology Today,
      Discover, MAD, Scientific American, Sky&Telescope, and WIRED, plus I
      peruse many scientific, computer-related, electronics-related, etc
      websites over the course of a month just to stay current in my fields
      of interest which are manifold.