(forw) [joinmozilla@mozilla.org: Fifteen.]

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2013
      Just found this in my mail box, yes Mozilla and firefox are not as
      cutting edge, but without Mozilla, just think how cruddy the web would
      be. It's a worthy cause and you'll get a toy that you can keep or give
      to a kiddy to play with/chew on.

      ----- Forwarded message from "Mark Surman, Mozilla.org" <joinmozilla@...> -----

      Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:12:52 +0000
      From: "Mark Surman, Mozilla.org" <joinmozilla@...>
      Subject: Fifteen.

      Hi there,

      With the 15th anniversary of Mozilla coming up on March 31, we wanted to remember our roots and bring the red dinosaur out for a victory lap -- in plush form! -- for a limited-time only.

      Own a piece of our shared history. Donate $35 or more right now, and we'll send you a limited-edition, 15th Anniversary plush red dino:

      https://sendto.mozilla.org/Mozilla-15th-Anniversary-4

      15 years ago, the Web was facing new threats: pop-ups, viruses, a lack of choice. Walled gardens of content emerged -- it was getting frayed and slow.

      A small group of people -- designers, coders, you -- had the audacious idea that a tiny non-profit and a huge global community could build something better.

      They called it the Mozilla project. And they chose a huge dinosaur -- because, really, who doesn't love dinosaurs? -- as the symbol of their big ambition.

      With your support, we've come a long way since then.

      Half a billion people use the browser we've built.

      We're tackling the next challenge by launching an open, web-based mobile platform.

      And we're hard at work building a new generation of webmakers to carry on the mission.

      This birthday means a lot to us. It's a chance to look back at what we've built together and, more importantly, look forward to what's next.

      And we could think of no better way to celebrate than to bring the Mozilla dino directly to you.

      So get yours today with a donation of $35 or more:

      https://sendto.mozilla.org/Mozilla-15th-Anniversary-4

      Here's to the next 15.

      Mark
      ----- End forwarded message -----

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2013
        --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:

        > Just found this in my mail box, yes Mozilla and firefox are not as
        > cutting edge, but without Mozilla, just think how cruddy the web
        > would be. It's a worthy cause and you'll get a toy that you can
        > keep or give to a kiddy to play with/chew on.

        I'd hand it over to the local bobcat (or cougar (aka mountain lion
        aka puma aka panther aka catamount)) to chew on. The bunnies which
        have recently moved into my front and back yards don't seem to want
        to do anything but eat the grass (and they're doing a great job of it
        and the front-yard female bunny seems to have found a new mate (the
        previous one I found dead on the lawn with no trauma which suggests it
        must have frozen to death).

        > [...]
        > Own a piece of our shared history. Donate $35 or more right now, and we'll send you a limited-edition, 15th Anniversary plush red dino:
        >
        > https://sendto.mozilla.org/Mozilla-15th-Anniversary-4
        > [...]

        FWIW, Mozilla sends out newsletters -- I receive about 1 every week.

        This is the subscription request for email:

        https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/newsletter/