Re: Building a distributed internet scanner

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2013
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, J <dreadpiratejeff@...> wrote:

      > Interesting writeup:
      >
      > http://internetcensus2012.bitbucket.org/paper.html
      > [...]
      > C: I went pretty quickly from "This sounds like an interesting idea"
      > to "HOLY CRAP THEY BUILT IT"
      >
      > also, in section 6.2, there's a neat animated map showing how the
      > addresses become responsive as the day progresses (it makes it
      > obvious that many systems seem to be powered off a night).
      >
      > Finally, I haven't seen this posted yet, so if I missed it, I
      > apologize for the duplicate.

      Hi Jeff,

      The report is a fascinating read; thanks much for posting the URL!

      It's amazing how many devices on the Internet can be logged-in to. I
      was surprised to see how many of the same two main printers I have
      are open to the world: HP LaserJet 4050n and LaserJet P2015dn.

      None of mine can be reached because my home office Sonicwall firewall
      router is in stealth mode though thadlabs.com can be ping'd.