Re: moderator queue

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2013
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ed <ed@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 06:50:44PM +0000, ed wrote:
      > [...]
      >
      > ... and idiot award goes to me ...

      Hi Ed,

      Don't feel bad about that. Within the past 48 hours I sent a 'canned'
      posting to 15 Yahoo astronomy groups after uploading 14 files to those
      groups' Files directory after creating a sub-directory "Calendars_2013"
      into which the files [lunar calendars and monthly calendars created
      using lcal and pcal] were uploaded and somewhere perhaps halfway through
      a URL in the 'canned' portion of the message changed from:

      http://pcal.sourceforge.net/
      http://pcal.sourcefornge.net/

      on the line just before

      where I'd change the "########" to the actual group name (e.g., EQ6,
      sct-user, meade_refractors, LX-200-Classic, SkyScout, etc.) and only
      one person caught that error which I've fixed for the 2014 template.

      I guess only one person besides myself in all those astronomy groups
      (some of which have over 10,000 members) uses source code.

      What I think happened is an errant mouse movement misplaced the cursor
      above the "########" and the 'n' somehow was inserted wrongly and
      remained on that line without me noticing it for all subsequent posts.

      As the Terminator would say: "Stuff happens". :-)

      Making misteaks (sic) and learning from them is what's important. :-)