Re: Partition Magic

  • Fraxinus
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 20, 1999
      Well, anyone interested in a FREE alternative; check out Ranish Partition
      manager. Its currently running under DOS, but there may be a linux version
      on it's way. It's small and lean enough to fit on a DOS floppy (boot disk?).

      And it includes a boot manager too (altough not as flashy and graphical as
      P-Magic.

      Do a search on yahoo for Ranish and you'll get to Mike Ranish' hp (and the
      download spot).

      Perhaps one should set up (or ask him to set up) floppy images of a bootdisk
      with the program on?

      / Fraxinus

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 20, 1999
        Peter Drumm wrote:

        > From: "Peter Drumm" <pdrumm@...>
        >
        > On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:08:30 -0400, Jim Smullins wrote:
        >

        > >Its my understanding that the "lite" version is free to all but the other
        > >version is comercial software and must be paid for.
        >
        > What "lite" version? AFAIK there's only one partition magic 'lite',
        > that was licensed to BeOS.

        The Lite version is what comes with several distros now. They say its
        calderas version of a trial program. Thses might be the puplishers edition
        stuff that I am thinking of as well.

        Jim Smullins