Goobuntu -- close but no cigar>

  • Thad Floryan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2012
      I found this in a Usenet group but neglected to save
      the reference from earlier this week; the ZDnet article
      is dated August 29, 2012:

      " Looks like google is coming out of the closet behind Ubuntu.
      "
      " <http://www.zdnet.com/the-truth-about-goobuntu-googles-in-house-desktop-ubuntu-linux-7000003462/>
      "
      " But as Maxwell Smart might have said, "Missed it by 'this' much."
      "
      " There is no default Goobuntu interface.
      "
      " Bummer ... with a different decision, google could have brought
      " Ubuntu instantly into direct competition with M$...at zero
      " additional cost or discomfort to anyone.
      "
      " But maybe they're crazy like a fox.
      "
      " More linux chaos means more google hits and more pages to sell
      " advertising.