20th Anniversary of Linux next month (August 2011)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 5:55 AM
      Put on your dancing shoes, music by PulseAudio and the Tin Can Kickers,
      and celebrate August 17-19, 2011; details and information here:

      <http://www.linuxfoundation.org/20th/>

      Event being held in Vancouver (presumably British Columbia in Canada as
      opposed to Vancouver WA; it's whichever one has a "Commodore Ballroom";
      I haven't been to Vancouver BC since 1984 when I piloted a 55-ft boat
      up the Inside Passage to Alaska and had to restock veggies at Granville
      Island in Vancouver due to Canadian customs seizing all USA produce due
      to a [false] pest scare).

      USA visitors be aware the border between Canada and the USA is tight and
      you WILL need a passport (either the bound book or the credit-card-sized
      one) -- no longer can one cross the border by simply declaring one's
      citizenship verbally. Photo driver licenses DO NOT QUALIFY as adequate
      identification for border crossings anymore.