Re old toshiba satellite pro 480cdt what distro to install

  • James
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2011
      Hello I'm looking for a distro to install on this old laptop with support for
      PCMCIA wireless card any ideas?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2011
        On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 09:33:12PM -0000, James wrote:
        > Hello I'm looking for a distro to install on this old laptop with support for
        > PCMCIA wireless card any ideas?

        Your best bet is probably browse through distrowatch. Puppy Linux comes
        to mind as a possibility.

        #!Crunchbang is another. Don't know if they'll work with PCMCIA cards,
        but there's a good chance they will.

        Buffy: I'm a great cook... in theory. I've
        eaten a lot
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2011
          --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "James" <musicalmemoriesuk@...> wrote:

          > Hello I'm looking for a distro to install on this old laptop with support for
          > PCMCIA wireless card any ideas?

          Googling "toshiba satellite pro 480cdt" (without the quotes finds many
          possibilities, including:

          <http://www.theanticmuse.com/2008/12/23/toshiba-satellite-pro-480cdt-the-ubuntu-experiment/>

          for starters. Adding "+linux" to the Google search narrows it down.