Looking for job as Linux Engineer fresher Please HELP !!!

  • Shirish Shukla
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hi Friends,

      I have completed my RHCE exam on 2nd august with 100% marks in RHCT & RHCE.
      Now Looking for job as Linux engineer as fresher.

      Please HELP!!!

      Keyskill: LINUX admin and networking,
                   C, C++, HTML, JavaScript
      CERTIFICATION : RHCE (RedHat certified Engineer)
      Qualification: BE computer
      Exp : 1.9 yr in IT industry.

      Regards,
      Shirish Shukla
    • J
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
        On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 06:08, Shirish Shukla <shirishshukla@...> wrote:
        > Hi Friends,
        >
        > I have completed my RHCE exam on 2nd august with 100% marks in RHCT & RHCE.
        > Now Looking for job as Linux engineer as fresher.
        >
        > Please HELP!!!
        >
        > Keyskill: LINUX admin and networking,
        >              C, C++, HTML, JavaScript
        > CERTIFICATION : RHCE (RedHat certified Engineer)
        > Qualification: BE computer
        > Exp : 1.9 yr in IT industry.

        Can't help you with a job, but if you did pass the RHCE, I just wanted
        to say congratulations. That's not an easy exam to pass.

        As far as work, I hope you're doing a more active, targeted search
        than just asking randomly on mailing lists. But you need to decide
        where you want to work in the world, and what kind of work you
        actually want to do. The title Linux Engineer is a bit open-ended.

        That description has been used to describe everything from System
        Administrator to Kernel Developer. So you need to take stock in what
        you DO know and what you CAN do, and target your resume/job search
        appropriately. Saying you want a job as a Linux Engineer is
        meaningless. Saying "I have an RHCE and I'd like to work as an
        administrator in a data center that handles clusters and HA systems"
        is focused and good.

        Good Luck!

        Jeff
      • mrkcoconnell
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
          Hi Shirish,

          Could you supply locale information. Are you in the U.S., and if so, what state and city. I have a number of career resources but my scope is limited to my "hood."