Re: [linux] The next Ubuntu to come with ... documentation!

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2010
      On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 12:16:57PM +0300, [ Brainiac ] wrote:
      > <offense from an african> SCOTT! </offense from an african>

      Firstly, let me apologize, you are quite right. (And due to the fact
      that I am completely wrong, I approved the message despite....)

      Please do post correctly in the future--often, incorrectly formatted
      messages, that is top posted and such, are simply not approved.
      Also, please don't add links to warez in your sig.

      For posting information see

      http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

      and

      http://howto-pages.org/posting_style

      Now, all that being said, let me once again, most humbly apologize.
      Being married to someone who is not a native of the country in which we
      live, (the US), I should have been more respectful of another country's
      (or in this case, continent's) culture(s) and language(s). The insult
      of the joke isn't intentionally aimed at Africa, though, as you most
      rightly point out, it certainly seems as if it is.

      So, once again, I most sincerely, and humbly, beg your forgiveness.
      (However, if you do grant it, and top post it, it probably won't make it
      to the list. Again, the reason I approved your post as written was
      because I was so wrong in my post.)

      Thanks for your (hoped for) understanding.

      Most sincerely,

      Joyce: But maybe, we could spend some time together soon? Some night
      when I'm not being held hostage by a raving psychotic.
    • [ Brainiac ]
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2010
        On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:

        > On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 12:16:57PM +0300, [ Brainiac ] wrote:
        > > <offense from an african> SCOTT! </offense from an african>
        >
        > Firstly, let me apologize, you are quite right. (And due to the fact
        > that I am completely wrong, I approved the message despite....)
        >
        > Please do post correctly in the future--often, incorrectly formatted
        > messages, that is top posted and such, are simply not approved.
        > Also, please don't add links to warez in your sig.
        >
        > For posting information see
        >
        > http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php
        >
        > and
        >
        > http://howto-pages.org/posting_style
        >
        > Now, all that being said, let me once again, most humbly apologize.
        > Being married to someone who is not a native of the country in which we
        > live, (the US), I should have been more respectful of another country's
        > (or in this case, continent's) culture(s) and language(s). The insult
        > of the joke isn't intentionally aimed at Africa, though, as you most
        > rightly point out, it certainly seems as if it is.
        >

        > So, once again, I most sincerely, and humbly, beg your forgiveness.
        > (However, if you do grant it, and top post it, it probably won't make it
        > to the list. Again, the reason I approved your post as written was
        > because I was so wrong in my post.)
        >
        > Thanks for your (hoped for) understanding.
        >

        > Most sincerely,
        >

        > --
        > Scott Robbins
        > PGP keyID EB3467D6
        >
        > Joyce: But maybe, we could spend some time together soon? Some night
        > when I'm not being held hostage by a raving psychotic.

        Ok scott, this should pass the test. Ive had an issue with top posting cause
        its the default with my client (gmail), most of the times its easier. and
        not much offense taken, just wanted you guys to know there is plenty of guys
        here (kenya) doing lots of boxes that aint ubuntu.
        cheers.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 7, 2010
          On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 06:33:25PM +0300, [ Brainiac ] wrote:
          > On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Now, all that being said, let me once again, most humbly apologize.
          > > Being married to someone who is not a native of the country in which we
          > > live, (the US), I should have been more respectful of another country's
          > > (or in this case, continent's) culture(s) and language(s). The insult
          > > of the joke isn't intentionally aimed at Africa, though, as you most
          > > rightly point out, it certainly seems as if it is.

          > Ok scott, this should pass the test. Ive had an issue with top posting cause
          > its the default with my client (gmail), most of the times its easier. and
          > not much offense taken, just wanted you guys to know there is plenty of guys
          > here (kenya) doing lots of boxes that aint ubuntu.
          > cheers.

          Sort of (passes). :) The web mailers make it hard, and make it hard to
          delete unwanted parts of it, etc. However, I appreciate (as a list
          moderator), the deleting of the warez thingie. As a human, I appreciate
          your acceptance of my apology.

          So, thank you for being gracious about that, and I will keep it in mind
          in the future.

          Willow: Oz is a werewolf.
          Buffy: It's a long story.
          Oz: I got bit.
          Buffy: Apparently not that long.
          Faith: Hey, as long as you don't go scratchin' at me or humpin' my
          leg, we're
          five-by-five, ya' know?
          Oz: Fair enough.