From PPP to DHCP on Ubuntu Jaunty

  • Pedro Izecksohn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2010
      It seems to me, from a customer's claim, that NetworkManager does not automatically recognize DHCP if PPP is configured for that Ethernet:

      The customer was using an old Jaunty that was never updated.

      The customer tried, without success, to move his notebook from a PPP conection to a DHCP connection; then he called me, but I could not help, as I have little experience with PPP.

      The custumer suggested that NetworkManager should try DHCP after that PPP failed.

      I never tried this myself.

      Did any of you ever tried to move a Jaunty from a PPP connection to a DHCP connection?