Re: [linux] open chm file

  • Sarfaraz Kazi
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2009
      On 01/05/2009, dullohmail <dullohmail@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have a lot of chm file in my PC.
      > It's not problem when working in Windows
      > but it can't be opened in Linux.
      > Is there program in Ubuntu 7.04 can open it?

      There's a program called GnoCHM. You can install it from the package manager.

      Regards,
      Sarfaraz
    • ennoil
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2009
        --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "dullohmail" <dullohmail@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a lot of chm file in my PC.
        > It's not problem when working in Windows
        > but it can't be opened in Linux.
        > Is there program in Ubuntu 7.04 can open it?
        >
        > THANKS

        There are several programs that can read chm files.
        If you use KDE there is kchmviewer, for X there is Xchm and gnochm for GNOME. They all should be available on your distro's repositories along with libchm which is (obviously) the library that the above programs use.
        John

        PS, Since Ubuntu 7.04 is no longer supported, you should really consider upgrading to a new version.
      • Jye Nigma
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2009
          > It's not problem when working in Windows
          > but it can't be opened in Linux.
          > Is there program in Ubuntu 7.04 can open it?
          >
          > THANKS
          I ran into a similar issue and I just used a chm to pdf convertor that work
          pretty well.

          Jye