test

  • Mohamed Ali
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 4, 2009
      the group is inactive for three days or something wrong

      --
      Mohamed Aly Mohamed
      Head Of Technical Support Unit

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 4, 2009
        On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 06:36:22AM +0200, Mohamed Ali wrote:
        > the group is inactive for three days or something wrong

        As you see, your message made the list. :)

        Sometimes, as has been mentioned, all moderators are busy and messages
        queue up. (Not sure in this case.)

        Another issue, that many people seem to not realize, is that posts that
        are not properly formatted, (that is, messages that are top posted or
        not trimmed at all) aren't accepted. If a moderator has time, they will
        usually reject the message with either an explanation, or at least a
        link to one of the many pages mentioned in the FAQ.

        Other times, real life can get in the way, and the messages are simply
        queued. If you have posted to the list and your message hasn't shown
        up, take a look at the welcome page on yahoogroups.com, take a look at
        the FAQ which is linked to from there (and was also mentioned in your
        welcome message) and make sure that you didn't top post and did trim
        your message.

        (That doesn't seem to be the case here, I think the list has just been
        quiet for a few days.)

        This does happen (the list being quiet). It seems to go through ups and
        downs in activity, sometimes being rather busy, sometimes quiet for a
        day or two at a time.

        (However, there is nothing wrong with asking if it seems to you that the
        list has been unusually quiet.)

        Buffy: You're missing the whole point of Halloween.
        Willow: Free candy?!
      • Mohamed Ali
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
          ** Moderator note: Appropriate trimming applied and quoting corrected.
          ** Please do so yourself in future. (The mods are not asleep!)

          On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:

          > This does happen (the list being quiet). It seems to go through ups and
          > downs in activity, sometimes being rather busy, sometimes quiet for a
          > day or two at a time.
          >
          > (However, there is nothing wrong with asking if it seems to you that the
          > list has been unusually quiet.)

          thanks Scott for your reply i was just little worry when i didnt c any new
          messages i thought that my account have a problem delivering messages from
          the group .
          but i can c that the members wake up again and started to post :)

          --
          Mohamed Aly Mohamed
          Head Of Technical Support Unit
          Center for Documentation
          of Cultural and Natural Heritage
          (CULTNAT)
          Smart Village
          Cairo-Alexandria Road, Km 28 Giza, Egypt
          www.cultnat.org www.eternalegypt.org

        • Michael Kjorling
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 22 9:42 PM
              test
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 22 9:45 PM

                > test

                FYI: after another YAHU FUBAR SNAFU in which the Web interface had been
                hosed and posting was not possible, it seems posting is working again.