rsync did not get virtual ip

  • Nelson Serafica
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
      Does anyone knows how to configure rsync to get also the virtual ip. My server has ifcfg-eth0:1. However, when I do rsync, all it has was ifcfg-eth0.

      Here is my rsync command

      rsync --bwlimit=256 -Rae sss backuppc@firewall:/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts /data

      New Email names for you!
      Hurry before someone else does!
      http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/ph/

    • Ganesh Patil
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5 5:43 AM
              Dear Nelson,

                  Try ipaddress which u want. Instead of hostname...

          On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 01:43:26AM -0700, Nelson Serafica wrote:
          > Does anyone knows how to configure rsync to get also the virtual ip. My server has ifcfg-eth0:1. However, when I do rsync, all it has was ifcfg-eth0.
          >
          > Here is my rsync command
          >
          > rsync --bwlimit=256 -Rae sss backuppc@firewall:/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts /data

          It's a little late, I know, but perhaps you could set a hosts definition
          in /etc/hosts to a specific IP address. You might also consider either
          split horizon DNS (a little extra work) if you have a management or
          internal network.

          You could also set an internal DNS server up if you wish to keep some
          management network details private.

          In the simplest case, you might consider adding something like this to
          your /etc/hosts file:

          192.168.0.1 firewall-int

          Depending on your network size you might consider internal DNS servers
          or just keep a hosts file for internal distribution.

          - --
          The dual T1 to the Death Star is chompin like hungry, hungry hippo's because of the doj break up of microsoft.
          AOL is blaming Microsoft.
          :: http://www.s5h.net/ :: http://www.s5h.net/gpg.html