speedtouch ADSL modem

  • Ahmad Zinhom
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
      Hello dear friends

      I have just installed Linux suse 10.2 and I need the driver for the
      Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem . I have searched for it as I could but I
      couldn't find it so if any one can help me Ill be thankfull.

      best wishes and thanks in advance for you support
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
        On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:15:56 -0000
        "Ahmad Zinhom" <samuraiplanet@...> wrote:

        > I have just installed Linux suse 10.2 and I need the driver for the
        > Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem . I have searched for it as I could but
        > I couldn't find it so if any one can help me Ill be thankfull.
        >
        > best wishes and thanks in advance for you support

        Hi,

        I don't know if this is the right module, but it appeared when I looked
        at the module list.

        Try:

        modprobe speedtch

        as root.

        --
        The frame relay to your house is dying a slow death because of Brian
        Bird. AOL is having Robert Mann to write some scripts.

      • Michael Kjorling

          On 30 Oct 2007 22:39 +0000, by ed@... (ed):
          > I don't know if this is the right module, but it appeared when I looked
          > at the module list.

          In case it is not, here is another thing to try, if that doesn't work:
          run lsusb as root. It will display a device ID for the modem, and
          possibly identify it as a modem. Google for those numbers and "Linux".
          For example, the device ID for my mouse is 046d:c012, so an
          appropriate Google search might be: "046d c012" "Linux"

          Of course, my mouse is working perfectly so I don't really need to do
          this. ;)

          - --
          Michael Kjörling, michael@... - http://michael.kjorling.com/
          * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *
          * ENCRYPTED email preferred -- OpenPGP key ID: 0x(758F8749)BDE9ADA6 *
          * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML mail, proprietary attachments *

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
            On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:06:32 +0000
            Michael Kjorling <michael@...> wrote:

            > On 30 Oct 2007 22:39 +0000, by ed@... (ed):
            > > I don't know if this is the right module, but it appeared when I
            > > looked at the module list.
            >
            > In case it is not, here is another thing to try, if that doesn't work:
            > run lsusb as root. It will display a device ID for the modem, and
            > possibly identify it as a modem. Google for those numbers and "Linux".
            > For example, the device ID for my mouse is 046d:c012, so an
            > appropriate Google search might be: "046d c012" "Linux"
            >
            > Of course, my mouse is working perfectly so I don't really need to do
            > this. ;)

            On an off-topic note, has anyone used the ratpoison window manager and
            found it reasonably usable?

            Ratpoison seems like it should have some benefit to combat RSI, as the
            wrists shouldn't do a great deal of moveing from keyb/mouse
            frequently - but I've not spent long enough with it to make any
            assumptions myself.

            --
            The 28.8 frame relay to the Rebel Base is rewiring servers and routers
            because of All your base are belong to us. Qwest is going to Toshi