How to change user/owner of folder whose owner is Apache..?

  • pash_korane
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      Hello Friends,
      I have just joined this group. I want help.
      I have created some folders and files through my application.. so
      system autometically assigns these folders user and group as apache and
      apache respectively..
      Now i want so change these user/group.. through application
      not through console. I am using PHP for scripting..
      Plz help me... i tried by using chown and chgrp but only group
      is changing.. not user..
      PLz help and reply
    • Ajay Gautam
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
        On 8/29/06, pash_korane <pash_korane@...> wrote:

        > Hello Friends,
        > I have just joined this group. I want help.
        > I have created some folders and files through my application.. so
        > system autometically assigns these folders user and group as apache and
        > apache respectively..
        > Now i want so change these user/group.. through application
        > not through console. I am using PHP for scripting..
        > Plz help me... i tried by using chown and chgrp but only group
        > is changing.. not user..
        > PLz help and reply

        What error do you get if you chown from your php application ?

        Ajay
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
          On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:29:39 -0000
          "pash_korane" <pash_korane@...> wrote:

          > Now i want so change these user/group.. through application
          > not through console. I am using PHP for scripting..
          > Plz help me... i tried by using chown and chgrp but only group
          > is changing.. not user..

          Setup sudo (visudo) and execute the command from your php script (or
          other script) using system( "sudo chown ..." ), or exec() or whatever.

          --
          Regards, Ed :: http://www.openbsdhacker.com
          just another bash person