Ubundu

  • arun anirudhan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
      There is a lamb edition of Ubundu which contains just sendmail,apache
      and necessary OS. This is just for an info.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
        On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:41:47 -0000
        "arun anirudhan" <arunanirudhan@...> wrote:

        > There is a lamb edition of Ubundu which contains just sendmail,apache
        > and necessary OS. This is just for an info.

        If that's all you want then you might want to take a look at DFS (Debian
        From Scratch).

        However, Debian is closer to your requirements than Ubuntu, which is
        full of other things, like a desktop, which you have not specified as a
        requirement here.

        I suggest that Debian is the 'lamb' edition that you ask for. Debain and
        Ubuntu share the same package management, which is just about the main
        difference from these two and other distros out there (yes I Xandros,
        linspire etc all use dpkg style management etc etc).

        Nice typo on Ubuntu BTW, Ubutnut is my favourite.

        --
        Regards, Ed :: http://www.gnunix.net
        proud python person