Re: [linux] i m facing problem while copying files from NTFS to RHEL4 by using samba

  • Jesse Lands
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 29, 1988
      On Fri, 12 May 2006 22:29:49 +0200
      Godwin Stewart <gstewart@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, 12 May 2006 19:35:44 +0100, ed <ed@...> wrote:

      > > Godwin?
      >
      > I suspect a lot of people don't like being asked to post sensibly.
      > They think they're being told *what* to post, not *how* to post.

      I think Godwin is correct, but I have been busy, as well, so I haven't
      been contributing as much as I could.

      --
      JLands
      Arch-Current/Slackware 10.1
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 1988
        > > --
        > > JLands
        > > Arch-Current/Slackware 10.1
        >
        > AHH--Jesse, IIRC, for awhile you were disappointed with Arch. I'm
        > glad you've seen the light. :)

        Actually more then you think. I have only a single Slackware box left
        and it will be phased out in the next couple of weeks. Since the first
        time I have tried it they have really improved it. I recommend it to
        everyone that talks about Linux.

        Thanks for the advice about Arch.

        --
        JLands
        Arch-Current/Slackware 10.1
        Registered Linux User #290053
        They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass
        destruction. Janet Reno
        Message 3 of 10 , May 11, 2006
          On Wed, 10 May 2006 23:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
          Raheel Raheel <r4u78@...> wrote:

          > i am using RHEL4 , runing samba service, i can excess win2000
          > NTFS partition over the network however, i m still now unable to
          > copy any doc from win2000. plz can u guide me how i may b able to
          > copy any doc from ntfs to Rhel4 by using samba service. thanks in
          > advance

          Y R U unable 2, I'm perftly able 2. Provide mor in4matn plz.

          --
          Regards, Ed :: http://www.openbsdhacker.com
          proud perl person
          Message 4 of 10 , May 11, 2006
            On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:11:50 +0100, ed <ed@...> wrote:

            > Y R U unable 2, I'm perftly able 2. Provide mor in4matn plz.

            Kiddie-speak getting your goat too? :)

            --
            G. Stewart
            gstewart@...
            Message 5 of 10 , May 12, 2006
              On Thu, 11 May 2006 19:59:23 +0200
              Godwin Stewart <gstewart@...> wrote:

              > Kiddie-speak getting your goat too? :)

              Indeed, normally I can ignore it. A correctly worded question appears
              professional and deserving of help, but this question didn't even make
              sense! What does Samba care if it's NTFS, FAT, or ISO? Is this a VM or
              over a network? Why can't he copy? Is there an error? Does the FS mount,
              is it permissions based? Besides, his mailer was wrapping at > 72 cols.

              Godwin?

              --
              Regards, Ed :: http://www.s5h.net
              proud linux person
              Message 6 of 10 , May 12, 2006
                Hello ed,

                Friday, May 12, 2006, 1:35:44 PM, you wrote:

                e> Godwin?

                A small percentage is due to my having been busy, and because of the
                busy-ness, I stopped responding to a lot of the really low-quality
                posts (like the one that initiated this thread) with my usual
                newbie-directed explanations; how to phrase questions, how to first
                read the man and Google, before asking questions, etc.

                -wittig
                website: http://www.robertwittig.com/
                .
                Message 7 of 10 , May 12, 2006
                  On Fri, 12 May 2006 19:35:44 +0100, ed <ed@...> wrote:

                  > Godwin?

                  I suspect a lot of people don't like being asked to post sensibly. They
                  think they're being told *what* to post, not *how* to post.

                  --
                  G. Stewart
                  gstewart@...
                • Scott
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 14, 2006
                      On Sun, 31 Jan 1988 11:05:37 +0000, Jesse Lands <jglands@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I have only a single Slackware box left and it will be phased out in
                      > the next couple of weeks.

                      TRAITOR! :o)

                      --
                      G. Stewart