Who is connected to my machine?

  • Harold Heckuba
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
      How do I see who is connected to my machine? I've tried who which shows me my name but is this the best way? My screen saver kicked in and said there were two users. Is KDE considered a user? I've also been reading about Trojan Scan. Anyone use it?

      HH

    • Peter L. Berghold

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
          On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
          Harold Heckuba <harold_heckuba@...> wrote:

          > How do I see who is connected to my machine? I've tried who which
          > shows me my name but is this the best way? My screen saver kicked in
          > and said there were two users. Is KDE considered a user? I've also
          > been reading about Trojan Scan. Anyone use it?

          If you are trojaned the who program may be exploited.

          There's also the 'last' command to show who has logged in.

          Generally a 'ps aux' should show you which programs are running and give
          you a clue as to who is on. It might be counting a getty prompt running
          someplace.

          --
          Regards, Ed :: http://www.linuxwarez.co.uk
          :%s/\t/ /g :: proud unix hacker
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
            Harold Heckuba wrote:
            > How do I see who is connected to my machine? I've tried who which shows me my name but is this the best way? My screen saver kicked in and said there were two users. Is KDE considered a user? I've also been reading about Trojan Scan. Anyone use it?
            >
            > HH

            I get a new user with every xterm I open. who shows me logged in on tty1
            and pts/0 with fluxbox and xterm. Open a second xterm and I pick up
            another user on pts/1. /herbc