Copying problem

  • Harmeet
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31 5:28 AM
      Hi i am new to this group . Please help me i have a problem

      I want to copy all the directiory structure from linux to my windows
      machine . Please suggest

      Thanks in advance
      Regards
      Harmeet
    • Godwin Stewart

        On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:28:49 -0000, "Harmeet" <harmeetluthra@...>
        wrote:

        > I want to copy all the directiory structure from linux to my windows
        > machine.

        Part of the learning process is learning how to find information. If you
        dig it out yourself, you'll remember it much better than if it was given to
        you on a silver plate.

        You need to do two things here. Firstly you need to mount your Windows
        partition read-write (if it's an NTFS partition then forget it, it can't be
        done safely). Secondly you need to copy your directory recursively.

        For the first operation, google will be able to help you after you've taken
        a look at the group's FAQ which can be found here:

        http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html

        For the second operation, you need the "cp" command. Look up its man page
        for the options you'll need (run "man cp", then hit "q" to quit the manual).

        - --
        G. Stewart - gstewart@...

        Windows is....
        A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical interface, sitting on
        an 8-bit operating system, originally written for a 4-bit processor
        by a 2-bit company without ONE BIT of common sense.