mysql problem solved(venkat)

  • venkat raman
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2005
      hello sir/mam,

      iam sucessfull in finding out the answer for the mysql password
      setting and add the password in the property file. i will say how to do it.

      1) you have a project with you in /home/projects/abc
      2) now your host name is <hostname> (command to find the hostname is
      hostname)

      use these following command to get the password set on your mysql:

      cmd> mysqladmin --user=root --host=<hostname> password "<your password>"

      cmd> service mysqld restart

      cmd> vi /home/projects/abc/.../abc.property

      in the property file use:
      password=<your password>

      start the project and see whether it is logging in.

      if not:

      use these following command to get the password set on your mysql:

      cmd> mysqladmin --user=root --host=localhost password "<your password>"

      cmd> service mysqld restart

      cmd> vi /home/projects/abc/.../abc.property

      in the property file use:
      password=<your password>

      start the project and see whether it is logging in.

      command to change the mysql password and to get in the mysql using password:

      cmd> mysql -p
      enter the password:<your password>

      to change the password:
      cmd> mysqladmin password <new password>