SuSe 8.2 online update problem

  • amiekins2003
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      Hello All.
      I keep getting an error message when I am trying to do an online
      update for my suse 8.2 machine. After I proceed through YAST and go to
      the online update page and click update , the error message pops up and
      says login failed check user name and pwd?? I am root at this point so
      what the heck is going on? I haven't had an update in 277 days so I am
      a little past due. Also , what is the best way to upgrade KDE?? any
      help is appreciated. Thanks, Amie
    • Terry Truitt
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2005
        Is the username/password error on the OS side or the server side. It could be
        possible that (after 277 days) that the server is no longer open to public
        access. If that is not the issue then I am not sure how to fix it. As far as
        upgrading KDE, I would think that you could do it through YAST but not
        exactly sure.

        Just a thought, ever thought about getting the lastest release of SuSE? Its up
        to 9.2 now (maybe 9.3).

        Terry