printer setup

  • unix_noob
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
      Hi,

      I have a Redhat 9(shrike) box in the network. I also have a printer in
      the network.
      Can someone tell me where i can find all the steps to configure this
      printer on my linux box.

      thanks a lot.
    • Michael Kjorling
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
        On 2005-04-06 18:23 -0000, unix_noob@... wrote:
        > Can someone tell me where i can find all the steps to configure this
        > printer on my linux box.

        Google is your friend. Try searching for "linux printing" or something
        similarly obvious.

        --
        Michael Kjörling, michael@... - http://michael.kjorling.com/
        * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
          --- unix_noob <unix_noob@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I have a Redhat 9(shrike) box in the network. I also
          > have a printer in
          > the network.
          > Can someone tell me where i can find all the steps
          > to configure this
          > printer on my linux box.
          >
          > thanks a lot.

          I think if you look at "cups" you will find what you
          need.

          > To unsubscribe, email
          > linux-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com, or visit
          > http://www.yahoogroups.com
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • TheMiyaca
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 7, 2005
            the linux documentation project and
            www.linuxprinting.org

            --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "unix_noob" <unix_noob@y...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I have a Redhat 9(shrike) box in the network. I also have a printer in
            > the network.
            > Can someone tell me where i can find all the steps to configure this
            > printer on my linux box.
            >
            > thanks a lot.
          • dave fales
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2007
              I have hopefully got every thing running the windows machine sees the xp machine the xp machine sees the linux machine the 98 machine see the linux well you get the idea all is well in home network land.. O.K. I am using ubunto I am sure that helps to know which one I am using. any hoooo OK So I decide to use the printer that is on the windows 98 on the linux machine O.K. so went into windows 98 machine and shared the printer I went over to the xp machine and I can install the 98 printer on it so it is defiantly shared of so I went to the linnux box and went under had printer then network printer then it has a drop down box and I selected the windows 98 machine then I went down to the drop down box for the name nothing do you have to manually type in the name of the 98 printer or am I doing something wrong thanks

            • Gene Henley
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2014
                I have Ubuntu 12.04. I am striking out in setting up my Brother MFC-J825DW with Ubuntu 12.04.
                  Any help appreciated. I am not familiar with Terminal. Is there an easier way?
                                                                 Gene Henley

                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2014
                  On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 12:56:51PM -0400, Gene Henley wrote:
                  > I have Ubuntu 12.04. I am striking out in setting up my Brother MFC-J825DW with Ubuntu 12.04.
                  > Any help appreciated. I am not familiar with Terminal. Is there an easier way?
                  > Gene Henley

                  Putting ubuntu borhter mfc-j825dw printer brings this up as first hit,
                  which has a few other links as well. Apparently, you will want the deb
                  driver and to follow instructions on Brother's site.

                  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1937880&p=12545758#post12545758

                • jleach728@sbcglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 3, 2014
                    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?63612-Installing-Brother-MFC-J825DW-cupswrapper-with-armhf-processor