Antivirus software

  • Harold Heckuba
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2005
      Does anyone use Antivirus software (on the linux
      boxes) and if so what?

      HH

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Shawn Tan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2005
        On Monday 31 January 2005 21:52, Harold Heckuba wrote:
        > Does anyone use Antivirus software (on the linux
        > boxes) and if so what?

        I don't think people use AV software on Linux... unless it's on things like
        mail servers to filter out email virii... But for general desktops, i don't
        think that it's necessary..

        --
        The great tragedy of science is the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an
        ugly fact.
        • TheMiyaca
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2005
            --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Harold Heckuba <harold_heckuba@y...>
            wrote:
            > Does anyone use Antivirus software (on the linux
            > boxes) and if so what?
            >
            > HH

            I use qmail-scanner as a front end to ClamAV and AntiVir.
            I strip most of the worse winbloze threats. Have not had
            an incident in over two years.
          • Justice
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
              try Panda, F- Secure , search for more info...

              Rgrds.