How to print in linux/unix?

  • Chu Tan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      I was trying to print a PDF file to my college's printer from within
      linux/unix telnet account.

      pdf2ps myfile.pdf myfile.ps
      lpr -Pprintername myfile.ps

      This prints out 40+ pages of blank pages.

      I suspected my PS file was not converted properly, but I converted it
      back to PDF using "ps2pdf" and opened it using Acrobat Reader, and it
      was ok.

      I only have telnet access, no X environment.

      Other questions:
      How to print MS Word file using unix command?
      How to print JPG/TIFF/etc images using unix command?

      Thanks
      Chu