Eclipse in Linux 9

  • balusamylinux
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      hai,

      i am working in Redhat linux 9. i want to work in
      C/C++ in Eclipse Editor, so which file to download and
      how to install (i wannna brief information) ,

      i already tryed

      first i installed this one
      j2sdk-1_4_2_05-linux-i586-rpm.bin
      after that
      j2sdk-1_4_2_05-linux-i586.rpm , then

      eclipse-SDK-3.0.1-linux-gtk.zip

      i got JVM termininated Exit code=13 as error .

      now what can i do.. so plz i need u'r help

      balusamy
    • Chu Tan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        Sorry, I do not know the solution to your problem. You'll need to give
        more details about when and where the error shows up. I don't think
        Eclipse depends on external JVM/JDK. Anyway, you should make sure your
        JAVA_HOME and PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin is setup right(blind shot).

        I've just installed eclipse, and it started up fine, however, the
        fonts on the widgets are extremely small, like dots small.

        Any idea?

        Thanks
        Chu
        --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "balusamylinux" <balusamylinux@y...> wrote:
        > hai,
        >
        > i am working in Redhat linux 9. i want to work in
        > C/C++ in Eclipse Editor, so which file to download and
        > how to install (i wannna brief information) ,
        >
        > i already tryed
        >
        > first i installed this one
        > j2sdk-1_4_2_05-linux-i586-rpm.bin
        > after that
        > j2sdk-1_4_2_05-linux-i586.rpm , then
        >
        > eclipse-SDK-3.0.1-linux-gtk.zip
        >

        > i got JVM termininated Exit code=13 as error .
        >
        > now what can i do.. so plz i need u'r help
        >
        > balusamy
      • Ajay Gautam
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2004
          --- Chu Tan <ztan@...> wrote:

          > Sorry, I do not know the solution to your problem. You'll need to give
          > more details about when and where the error shows up. I don't think
          > Eclipse depends on external JVM/JDK. Anyway, you should make sure your
          > JAVA_HOME and PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin is setup right(blind shot).
          >
          > I've just installed eclipse, and it started up fine, however, the
          > fonts on the widgets are extremely small, like dots small.

          I also usually don;t get it right on the first attemtpt: You can set the font sizes in
          Preferences:

          Menu Bar -> Preferences -> Workbench -> Colors and Fonts -> Basic -> Text Font

          Balu, Chu is right -> You need to set the JAVA_HOME env var, and add the bin to PATH
          (/etc/profile)

          HTH,
          Ajay

          > Any idea?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Chu
          > --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "balusamylinux" <balusamylinux@y...> wrote:
          > > hai,
          > >
          > > i am working in Redhat linux 9. i want to work in
          > > C/C++ in Eclipse Editor, so which file to download and
          > > how to install (i wannna brief information) ,
          > >
          > > i already tryed
          > >
          > > first i installed this one
          > > j2sdk-1_4_2_05-linux-i586-rpm.bin
          > > after that
          > > j2sdk-1_4_2_05-linux-i586.rpm , then
          > >
          > > eclipse-SDK-3.0.1-linux-gtk.zip
          > >

          > > i got JVM termininated Exit code=13 as error .
          > >
          > > now what can i do.. so plz i need u'r help
          > >
          > > balusamy

          =====
          Ajay Gautam

          Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Balu samy
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2004
            Hai,

            Thanks for u'r mail... the problem is same, i have to add the bin to PATH
            it will woks fine..

            now what i needed is C/C++ CDT , i dont know how to install and works,

            plz help me that...
            balu

            =====
            Ajay Gautam

            Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Balu samy
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2004
              Installation
              ------------
              To install the plugin for regular use, simply unzip
              cdt-eclipse-R2-20020508-local.zip
              into the eclipse/plugins directory:
              unzip cdt-eclipse-R2-20020508-local.zip -d
              <...>/eclipse/plugins
              Once you have unzipped the CDT plugins into the
              eclipse/plugins directory,
              the CDT should be ready for use.

              after that,

              To generate a build environment (which is not
              necessary to run the CDT) for the CDT
              plugins, perform the following:
              1. Ensure that the cdt-eclipse-R2-20020508-local.zip
              has been unzipped in your
              eclipse/plugins directory
              2. Goto the
              .../eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core
              directory
              3. Type make dev

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Balu samy
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2004
                hai,

                i already install Eclipse, now i install CDT, then
                following step i followed..

                Installation
                ------------
[...]

                [root@localhost org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core]# pwd
                /home/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core
                [root@localhost org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core]# make dev
                java -cp
                /home/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core
                -DECLIPSE=/usr/local2/M5/eclipse
                build.GenerateMakefiles org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbPicl
                org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.extra
                org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.extra.server
                org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core org.eclipse.cdt.linux.help
                org.eclipse.cdt.cpp.miners.parser
                org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.hosts org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.ui
                org.eclipse.cdt.cpp.ui org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.miners
                org.eclipse.cdt.cpp.miners
                org.eclipse.cdt.pa.ui || (echo '***' Error: Usage:
                make ECLIPSE=eclipse_directory targets && false)
                Cannot find jars from org.eclipse.ui
                *** Error: Usage: make ECLIPSE=eclipse_directory
                targets
                make: *** [generateBuildEnvironment] Error 1
                [root@localhost org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core]#

                this Error i got..

                plz find and give me a suggestion..

                http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo