slow server

  • venkat raman
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2004
      my server is slow can any one able to help me

      i have a server of pentium III 700mhz and with 512 mb ram with linux (r.h) 9
      and the system is very slow when connection with network ok restarting the
      service or copying things. i get this problem only from two months before.
      ultile it was fast.

      can u help me

      Seized by wanderlust? http://www.msn.co.in/Travel/ Have the best vacation
      ever.
    • Ed
      • venkat raman
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2004
          hello everyone

          Iam have problem with my server my system configuration is

          pentium III with 700 mhz
          512mB of ram
          realtech lan card

          the network is very slow but before two months the speed was good but now it
          was very slow i use linux 9.0 i upgraded it form linux 7.2..3 months after
          one month time the proble appered i dont know why and when we run
          tomcat.apache server for our java project the projects are even get slower

          have any one faced this kind of similar problem iam just a fresher to face
          this problem can any one help me out please

          thanking you

          raman

          The all-new MSN Mesenger! Get the coolest emoticons.
          http://server1.msn.co.in/sp04/messengerchat/ Share more of yourself!
        • bishop
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2004
            venkat raman wrote:
            > hello everyone
            >
            > Iam have problem with my server my system configuration is
            >
            > pentium III with 700 mhz
            > 512mB of ram
            > realtech lan card
            >
            > the network is very slow but before two months the speed was good but now it
            > was very slow i use linux 9.0 i upgraded it form linux 7.2..3 months after
            > one month time the proble appered i dont know why and when we run
            > tomcat.apache server for our java project the projects are even get slower
            >

            > have any one faced this kind of similar problem iam just a fresher to face
            > this problem can any one help me out please
            >

            > thanking you
            >
            > raman

            Owned?

            If your box is connected directly to the Internet it might have been
            hacked, especially if *nothing* was changed (no new software now new
            hardware)

            --bishop
          • Lewis Bergman
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2004
              venkat raman said:

              > hello everyone
              >
              > Iam have problem with my server my system configuration is
              >
              > pentium III with 700 mhz
              > 512mB of ram
              > realtech lan card
              >
              > the network is very slow but before two months the speed was good but now
              > it
              > was very slow i use linux 9.0 i upgraded it form linux 7.2..3 months after
              > one month time the proble appered i dont know why and when we run
              > tomcat.apache server for our java project the projects are even get slower
              >

              > have any one faced this kind of similar problem iam just a fresher to face
              > this problem can any one help me out please
              >

              > thanking you
              >
              > raman
              I assume you mean RH9.0. From there I would first ask if you use host
              names in your configurations for these services that are running slower.
              If so, are the namnes listed in /etc/resolve or not, and finally, is your
              dns server listed first responding in a timely fashion?

              As a wild guess I would next look into the log files and see if you can
              track a package upgrade to the approximate time of the trouble.

              --
              Lewis Bergman
              Texas Communications