Re: [linux] :problem in booting

  • Gurpreet Dhami
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
      hello friends,

      Can anybody sort out my problem?

      I have presently SUSE 9.0 on my PC.every thing was fine.

      1.) But for last few days, when i reboot my PC . booting goes well .

      last message appears"Shifting to run level 5"but after that screen goes blank.nothing appears.

      2.) but after rebooting when i give the argument "init 5" as a boot option

      then it goes fine and login screen is displayed.

      I checked the /etc/inittab file . runlevel is set to "5" there.

      Can anybody tell me someting related to handeling the X-Server .

      Thanks in advance

      Gurpreet Singh Dhami