gnome-config and Slackware

  • Taj Morton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hi all,
      I removed Dropline Gnome 2.6 in an attempt to get a "more standard box". Them,
      I installed everything in the gnome/ directory gtk, etc from the l/ package
      set. Programs run fine (gnome-control-center, gedit, etc), but no package
      installed gnome-config. Now, I can't build anything for gnome. What package
      provides gnome-config for Slackware 9.1?

      A bzcat | grep of MANIFEST.bz told me that nobody provided
      gnome-config...Weird

      Any ideas?
      [And in case anybody wants to read about Microsoft's latest patent, and my
      letter to the patent office read this:
      http://www.wildgardenseed.com/Taj/blog/?postid=27]

      Thanks,
      --
      Taj
      http://www.wildgardenseed.com/Taj/blog

      "If at first an idea is not absurd, there is no hope for it."
      -- Albert Einstein
    • Mike Peters
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
        On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:53:30 -0700
        Taj Morton <taj@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I removed Dropline Gnome 2.6 in an attempt to get a "more standard
        > box". Them, I installed everything in the gnome/ directory gtk, etc
        > from the l/ package set. Programs run fine (gnome-control-center,
        > gedit, etc), but no package installed gnome-config. Now, I can't build
        > anything for gnome. What package provides gnome-config for Slackware
        > 9.1?
        >
        > A bzcat | grep of MANIFEST.bz told me that nobody provided
        > gnome-config...Weird

        gnome-config is part of GNOME 1 and is no longer present in GNOME 2.
        Check for GNOME2 support for the programs you're compiling or you'll
        have to install GNOME 1. I think you can still get it from slackware's
        'unsupported' directory. If you already have it or you install the old
        GNOME from these packages you'll find it in /opt/gnome by default.

        --
        Mike
        Web Site: http://www.ice2o.com

        It was all very well going about pure logic and how the universe was
        ruled by logic and the harmony of numbers, but the plain fact was that
        the disc was manifestly traversing space on the back of a giant turtle
        and the gods had a habit of going round to atheists' houses and smashing
        their windows.
        (Colour of Magic)