Re: Mailer

  • Wolf Dreamer
    Message 1 of 35 , May 2, 2004
      Ed writes:

      > Humm according to Dan Bernsteins site QMail makes sendmail obsolete. Now
      > how true this is is cannot say. Being a sendmail user, or at least
      > someone who has used sendmail much, poking about with the default
      > sendmail configs is quite a pain. I find working with human readable
      > configs much easier.
      >
      > However, sendmail does seem to be a de-facto, which is why I'd like them
      > to improve on the configs.

      Sendmail is the defacto standard and has always been.

      I love Qmail but it is not for the faint of heart. There are so many 3rd
      party patches you have to add to make it behave the way you want it to
      behave.

      If you don't know why one would use one over the other, use postfix. You can
      get it up really fast, it is stable, then you can take the time learn the
      other MTAs and their pros and cons.
      Message 35 of 35 , May 2, 2004
        On Sun, 02 May 2004 12:47:02 -0700, "Hermann Kerr" <hkerr@...>
        wrote:

        > Ed:
        > Just to confusing the issue further I vote Communigate Pro (see
        > www.stalker.com).
        > - Easy to configure
        > - You can easily train a novice user to maintain it via web
        > administration.- supports imap pop and webmail
        > - runs on any platform but works very easily with linux.
        > - Free and pay for version exactly the same - Ya it can cost money.
        > - industrial strength - It even has an Exchange type interface.
        > For my own site I probably not use it but for an install in a commercial
        > environment it is a no brainer. Has all the tools built in.

        Does it correct top-posting?

        <gd&rlh>

        --
        G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
        Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.5)