Coffee the universal productivity tool

  • Paul Malcher
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
      Hi all,
      I'm going out on a limb with this here, but it begs to
      be asked. I dunno about most of you, but I LOVE
      COFFEE. How good may day is proportional to the amount
      and quality I've had. The more I've had the more stuff
      I accomplish in the same timeframe. Reminds me of when
      I used to do tech support, web hosting tech support
      for SBC. Except we all drank Moutain Dew and coffee
      then. :) I begs to be asked how many people feel the
      same way or do the same thing.

      =====
      Sincerely,

      Paul Malcher

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • jschmidt@buhler.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
        Paul Malcher <iso196@...> wrote on 02/04/2004 09:28:32 AM:

        > Hi all,
        > I'm going out on a limb with this here, but it begs to
        > be asked. I dunno about most of you, but I LOVE
        > COFFEE. How good may day is proportional to the amount
        > and quality I've had. The more I've had the more stuff
        > I accomplish in the same timeframe. Reminds me of when
        > I used to do tech support, web hosting tech support
        > for SBC. Except we all drank Moutain Dew and coffee
        > then. :) I begs to be asked how many people feel the
        > same way or do the same thing.
        >
        > =====
        > Sincerely,
        >
        > Paul Malcher

        Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think it
        and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are dangerous.
        You should take a read of this:
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-7696022#reader-link
        . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to focus on
        computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I get.

        -jamie-
      • Ajay Gautam
        Message 3 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
          --- Paul Malcher <iso196@...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          > I'm going out on a limb with this here, but it begs to
          > be asked. I dunno about most of you, but I LOVE
          > COFFEE. How good may day is proportional to the amount
          > and quality I've had. The more I've had the more stuff
          > I accomplish in the same timeframe. Reminds me of when
          > I used to do tech support, web hosting tech support
          > for SBC. Except we all drank Moutain Dew and coffee
          > then. :) I begs to be asked how many people feel the
          > same way or do the same thing.

          Oh! ya.. I can relate. I have (thinkgeek's) caffinated candy on my desk for times when I feel
          sleepy at office, or on days when I have bad / no coffee in the morning ;)

          Caffeine is the single greatest invention / discovery ever.. perhaps even greater than "the wheel"

          Ajay

          =====
          Ajay Gautam
          Linux User #252843 http://counter.li.org
          root:$7$PtTXhqkQ$NRqKj5dfroE0z2Dj1GOaG.:0:0::/root:/bin/bash

          Message 4 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
            --- jschmidt@... wrote:

            > Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think it
            > and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are dangerous.
            > You should take a read of this:
            > http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-7696022#reader-link
            > . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to focus on
            > computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I get.

            I would have to disagree with that. I have heard similar arguments time and again... And have
            consulted with each and every doctor that has crossed my path. According to all, upto 2 cups a day
            is normal and does no harm. but if you abuse it, like 5 or 6 cups a day, then its a problem. This
            is not my "opinion", but the deduction of all medical advice I have gotten.

            Ajay

            =====

            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
              Ajay Gautam <ajaygautam@...> wrote on 02/04/2004 10:42:44 AM:

              > --- jschmidt@... wrote:
              > >
              > > Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think
              it
              > > and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are
              dangerous.
              > > You should take a read of this:
              > > http://www.amazon
              > com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-7696022#reader-link
              > > . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to focus on
              > > computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I get.
              >
              > I would have to disagree with that. I have heard similar arguments time
              > and again... And have
              > consulted with each and every doctor that has crossed my path. According

              > to all, upto 2 cups a day
              > is normal and does no harm. but if you abuse it, like 5 or 6 cups a day,

              > then its a problem. This
              > is not my "opinion", but the deduction of all medical advice I have
              gotten.

              > Ajay
              >
              > =====
              > Ajay Gautam

              Well the problem as I understand after reading the book is that caffeine
              is in 'everything', so you take your 2 cups of coffee (the size of the
              cups doctors and studies say are ok are nothing like is used in the real
              world), and then you have a can of coke, and then you have a fruitopia,
              and then you have a chocolate bar, and then ... Caffeine is in so many
              things, and it's not even required to be labeled as an ingredient, so you
              often don't even know when you are ingesting it. So it can become a
              silent problem for alot of people.

              -jamie-
            • Wolf Dreamer
              Message 6 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                Ajay Gautam writes:

                > --- jschmidt@... wrote:
                >>
                >> Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think it
                >> and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are dangerous.
                >> You should take a read of this:
                >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-7696022#reader-link
                >> . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to focus on
                >> computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I get.
                >
                > I would have to disagree with that. I have heard similar arguments time and again... And have
                > consulted with each and every doctor that has crossed my path. According to all, upto 2 cups a day
                > is normal and does no harm. but if you abuse it, like 5 or 6 cups a day, then its a problem. This
                > is not my "opinion", but the deduction of all medical advice I have gotten.

                Same here.
                Message 7 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                  Boring intro to state that Ajay Gautam <ajaygautam@...> wrote:

                  > Caffeine is the single greatest invention / discovery ever.. perhaps even
                  > greater than "the wheel"

                  Not for nothing was the "C&C" warning invented. "C&C" meaning cats and
                  coffee, meaning put your coffee down and get the cat off your lap before you
                  read this, otherwise you're going to splorf coffee all over your monitor and
                  keyboard, and in doing so you're going to startle the cat on your lap who
                  will promptly lacerate your thighs while trying to scramble off.

                  --
                  G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
                  Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.24)
                  • Paul Malcher
                    Message 9 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                      HI,
                      > Caffeine is the single greatest invention /
                      > discovery ever.. perhaps even greater than "the
                      > wheel"

                      I'd have to agree with you there. I myself love
                      thinkgeeks' caffeinated candy and starbucks. I drink
                      like 2 cups a day on occasion, normally just one in
                      the morning. I agree with the guy that said for some
                      people its a slient problem. It was once for me too,
                      back when I used to live off no doze.

                      =====
                      Sincerely,

                      Paul Malcher

                      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                    • wolf_bear
                      Message 10 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                        Paul Malcher wrote:

                        > Hi all,
                        > I'm going out on a limb with this here, but it begs to
                        > be asked. I dunno about most of you, but I LOVE
                        > COFFEE. How good may day is proportional to the amount
                        > and quality I've had. The more I've had the more stuff
                        > I accomplish in the same timeframe. Reminds me of when
                        > I used to do tech support, web hosting tech support
                        > for SBC. Except we all drank Moutain Dew and coffee
                        > then. :) I begs to be asked how many people feel the
                        > same way or do the same thing.
                        >
                        > =====
                        > Sincerely,
                        >
                        > Paul Malcher

                        Mountain dew AND coffee? Do you add the Dew in place of adding sugar?

                        BTW - Up here we have a Company called SBC - It was Smith Brothers
                        Coffee, but because everyone called it Seattle's Best Coffee, they
                        actually changed the Company name!
                      • wolf_bear
                        Message 11 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                          Ajay Gautam wrote:

                          > --- jschmidt@... wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think it
                          > > and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are
                          > dangerous.
                          > > You should take a read of this:
                          > >
                          > http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-7696022#reader-link
                          >
                          > > . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to focus on
                          > > computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I get.
                          >
                          > I would have to disagree with that. I have heard similar arguments
                          > time and again... And have
                          > consulted with each and every doctor that has crossed my path.
                          > According to all, upto 2 cups a day
                          > is normal and does no harm. but if you abuse it, like 5 or 6 cups a
                          > day, then its a problem. This
                          > is not my "opinion", but the deduction of all medical advice I have
                          > gotten.
                          >
                          > Ajay
                          >
                          > =====

                          Depends on the person. My Doctor says coffee is no problem for me
                          (diabetic with slightly high blood presure). He did say to not use real
                          sugar (I can't stand sugar in coffee anyway) and to use 1% milk or less.

                          A regular customer who used to drink about 8 or more cups a day just
                          passed away from an anurism. We though he was around 45, but his sister
                          later told us he was 64. Don't know if the coffee hurt him, but he did
                          live to 64 and was very healthy.
                        • wolf_bear
                          Message 12 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                            jschmidt@... wrote:

                            > Ajay Gautam <ajaygautam@...> wrote on 02/04/2004 10:42:44 AM:
                            >
                            > > --- jschmidt@... wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think
                            > it
                            > > > and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are
                            > dangerous.
                            > > > You should take a read of this:
                            > > > http://www.amazon
                            > > com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-7696022#reader-link
                            > > > . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to focus on
                            > > > computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I get.
                            > >
                            > > I would have to disagree with that. I have heard similar arguments time
                            > > and again... And have
                            > > consulted with each and every doctor that has crossed my path.
                            > According
                            >
                            > > to all, upto 2 cups a day
                            > > is normal and does no harm. but if you abuse it, like 5 or 6 cups a
                            > day,
                            >
                            > > then its a problem. This
                            > > is not my "opinion", but the deduction of all medical advice I have
                            > gotten.
                            > >
                            > > Ajay
                            > >
                            > > =====
                            > > Ajay Gautam
                            >
                            > Well the problem as I understand after reading the book is that caffeine
                            > is in 'everything', so you take your 2 cups of coffee (the size of the
                            > cups doctors and studies say are ok are nothing like is used in the real
                            > world), and then you have a can of coke, and then you have a fruitopia,
                            > and then you have a chocolate bar, and then ... Caffeine is in so many
                            > things, and it's not even required to be labeled as an ingredient, so you
                            > often don't even know when you are ingesting it. So it can become a
                            > silent problem for alot of people.
                            >
                            > -jamie-

                            Anyone have blood pressure problems or need to cut down on salt/sodium?
                            Look at a bottle of diet coke - 85mg. Now look at a jug of milk -
                            (don't have one here) - way over 200!
                          • wolf_bear
                            Message 13 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                              Godwin Stewart wrote:

                              > Boring intro to state that Ajay Gautam <ajaygautam@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > Caffeine is the single greatest invention / discovery ever.. perhaps
                              > even
                              > > greater than "the wheel"
                              >
                              > Not for nothing was the "C&C" warning invented. "C&C" meaning cats and
                              > coffee, meaning put your coffee down and get the cat off your lap
                              > before you
                              > read this, otherwise you're going to splorf coffee all over your
                              > monitor and
                              > keyboard, and in doing so you're going to startle the cat on your lap who
                              > will promptly lacerate your thighs while trying to scramble off.
                              >
                              > --
                              > G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
                              > Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.24)

                              You mean you allow a cat on your lap without the precaution of
                              chain-mail longjohns? You dare-devil, you!

                              BTW- does your cat prefer coffee with or without cream?
                            • wolf_bear
                              Message 14 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004

                                • Matt Bailey
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                                    On Wednesday 04 February 2004 10:48 am, jschmidt@... wrote:
                                    > Paul Malcher <iso196@...> wrote on 02/04/2004 09:28:32 AM:
                                    > > Hi all,
                                    > > I'm going out on a limb with this here, but it begs to
                                    > > be asked. I dunno about most of you, but I LOVE
                                    > > COFFEE. How good may day is proportional to the amount
                                    > > and quality I've had. The more I've had the more stuff
                                    > > I accomplish in the same timeframe. Reminds me of when
                                    > > I used to do tech support, web hosting tech support
                                    > > for SBC. Except we all drank Moutain Dew and coffee
                                    > > then. :) I begs to be asked how many people feel the
                                    > > same way or do the same thing.
                                    > >
                                    > > =====
                                    > > Sincerely,
                                    > >
                                    > > Paul Malcher
                                    >
                                    > Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think it
                                    > and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are dangerous.
                                    > You should take a read of this:
                                    > http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-769602
                                    >2#reader-link . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to
                                    > focus on computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I
                                    > get.
                                    >
                                    > -jamie-

                                    Interesting, same here........I don't often drink caffeinated beverages
                                    (occasionally I do, although it doesn't seem to affect me positively or
                                    negatively), but sleep has a major bearing on how I feel. I need typically
                                    around 9 hours to really feel good, 10+ to feel my best if I'm tired. 7 hours
                                    I usually feel somewhat tired at the least, anything less and I feel awful
                                    the whole day.

                                    -Matt Bailey
                                  • Paul Malcher
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                                      > Mountain dew AND coffee? Do you add the Dew in
                                      > place of adding sugar?

                                      No, I don't like sugar in my coffee only cream. You
                                      know it is sad. I used to take like 2 no doze 200mg
                                      Caffeine each and disolve them in dew then drink it. I
                                      used to take like 1 - 2 no doze a day. I used to think
                                      caffeine was a required food group. The story behind
                                      this is kind of interesting and I think I'll share it
                                      with you. Okay, most of my life I used to be a very
                                      low energy slugish person. I don't know why either,
                                      not even the doctors could tell me why. Despite the
                                      fact they did alot of tests. I one day found out
                                      coffee solved my issue. Ever since then I drink like 1
                                      or 2 cups per day. I did for a while kinda of become a
                                      caffeine junky, hence what I said previously. At one
                                      point I cut myself off and just rided myself of it and
                                      tried to find alternatives. I did manage to find one,
                                      which believe it or not was coconut oil, pure oil that
                                      is(organic). So I tried it for a while, it worked for
                                      a while, but then I was like okay to much of a pain. I
                                      switched back to coffee, simply cause I can actually
                                      enjoy drinking it. Well, hows that for a twisted tale?
                                      I have alot of fun drinking one or two cups of coffee
                                      a day. Even stranger I love cold instant coffee with
                                      cream. Of course not any old instant coffee will do.
                                      enough said I think.

                                      =====
                                      Sincerely,

                                      Paul Malcher

                                      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                                    • Amadeus Zilfinski
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                                        Ajay Gautam wrote:
                                        > --- jschmidt@... wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think it
                                        > > and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are dangerous.
                                        > > You should take a read of this:
                                        > >
                                        > http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-7696022#reader-link
                                        >
                                        > > . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to focus on
                                        > > computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I get.
                                        >
                                        > I would have to disagree with that. I have heard similar arguments time
                                        > and again... And have
                                        > consulted with each and every doctor that has crossed my path. According
                                        > to all, upto 2 cups a day
                                        > is normal and does no harm. but if you abuse it, like 5 or 6 cups a day,
                                        > then its a problem. This
                                        > is not my "opinion", but the deduction of all medical advice I have gotten.
                                        >
                                        > Ajay
                                        >
                                        > =====
                                        > Ajay Gautam
                                        > Linux User #252843 http://counter.li.org
                                        > root:$7$PtTXhqkQ$NRqKj5dfroE0z2Dj1GOaG.:0:0::/root:/bin/bash

                                        The Problem with what the doctor says in this case would be that his
                                        "opinion" is based off the fact that your body produces about 2 cups of
                                        coffee worth adrenaline everyday, but if you drink 2 cups then you've
                                        doubled the amount of adrenaline in your body for the day.

                                        AmadeusZ.-
                                      • wolf_bear
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                                          Paul Malcher wrote:

                                          > Even stranger I love cold instant coffee with
                                          > cream. Of course not any old instant coffee will do.
                                          > enough said I think.
                                          >

                                          > =====
                                          > Sincerely,
                                          >
                                          > Paul Malcher

                                          That's how I started! Dad would get up at 5am and have instant coffee
                                          with instant creamer. I would get up at 7am and finish off his coffee.
                                          To make it easier for him, mom would buy two jars of coffee and a jar of
                                          creamer, empty them into a big bowl and mix them, then pour them back
                                          into the jars. Dad just had to grab a jar and use 2-3 spoonfuls.
                                          Helpful hint for someone in an office without a lot of room for two jars.
                                        • Jesse G. Lands
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                                            Linux problems of the world have all been solved. We have nothing to talk
                                            about except coffee and caller-ID.

                                            -Jesse G. Lands

                                            Slackware 9.0/9.1

                                            "They are smoking Crack!"
                                            Linus Torvalds when asked about SCOs allegations that any IPO code could
                                            not be removed from Linux.
                                          • hcour@yahoo.com
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Feb 4, 2004
                                              >> Linux problems of the world have all been solved. We have
                                              nothing to talk about except coffee and caller-ID. <<

                                              My Linux problems certainly haven't been. Did my post get lost in
                                              all the coffee talk? ;) Sure would appreciate some help here:

                                              Thanks,
                                              Harold
                                            • Paul Malcher
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Feb 5, 2004
                                                --- "Jesse G. Lands" <usedtire@...>
                                                wrote:
                                                > Linux problems of the world have all been solved.
                                                > We have nothing to talk
                                                > about except coffee and caller-ID.

                                                ROFL,LOL,LMAO!!!! Wow, if thats all we got to talk
                                                about it must be true.

                                                =====
                                                Sincerely,

                                                Paul Malcher

                                                http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                                              • Paul Malcher
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Feb 5, 2004
                                                  Hi,
                                                  I remeber several people mentioning it had to do with
                                                  the amount of sleep they got. Well, guess what I work
                                                  from home and can get a full 8 hours every day. I also
                                                  for got to mention one more detail I have ADD. So in
                                                  essence coffee helps me more thant one would think. I
                                                  really don't consume anything else that contains
                                                  caffeine on a regular bais.

                                                  =====
                                                  Sincerely,

                                                  Paul Malcher

                                                  http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                                                • JC Jones
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Feb 5, 2004
                                                    I replied to you, but I found the message in my spam filter because
                                                    YahooGroups! has installed an over-sensitive spam filter that changed
                                                    the [linux] in the subject to [spam]. I'm sorry, but I have my *own*
                                                    damn spam filters and I don't need somebody else deciding for me what
                                                    email I should get and what I shouldn't.

                                                    JC Jones

                                                    On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 00:14, hcour@... wrote:
                                                    > >> Linux problems of the world have all been solved. We have
                                                    > nothing to talk about except coffee and caller-ID. <<
                                                    >
                                                    > My Linux problems certainly haven't been. Did my post get lost in
                                                    > all the coffee talk? ;) Sure would appreciate some help here:

                                                    > Thanks,
                                                    > Harold

                                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                  • JC Jones
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Feb 5, 2004
                                                      Well, I guess I'll be dead soon then (although you wouldn't know it from
                                                      my health). I drink between 2 and 3 *pots* of Coffee every single day
                                                      of the week. I also haven't been able to kick the nicotine habbit (2
                                                      packs a day for 20 years). My blood pressure is low-normal, my resting
                                                      heart rate is around 52, and even with very strenuous exercise I can't
                                                      get my heart rate over 110.

                                                      And yes, I don't sleep very much - about 4 hours a night.

                                                      JC Jones

                                                      On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 08:48, jschmidt@... wrote:
                                                      > Paul Malcher <iso196@...> wrote on 02/04/2004 09:28:32 AM:
                                                      >
                                                      > > Hi all,
                                                      > > I'm going out on a limb with this here, but it begs to
                                                      > > be asked. I dunno about most of you, but I LOVE
                                                      > > COFFEE. How good may day is proportional to the amount
                                                      > > and quality I've had. The more I've had the more stuff
                                                      > > I accomplish in the same timeframe. Reminds me of when
                                                      > > I used to do tech support, web hosting tech support
                                                      > > for SBC. Except we all drank Moutain Dew and coffee
                                                      > > then. :) I begs to be asked how many people feel the
                                                      > > same way or do the same thing.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > =====
                                                      > > Sincerely,
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Paul Malcher
                                                      > >

                                                      > Have to completely disagree with you there. I hate coffee and think it
                                                      > and all it's associated caffeinated fruit and soft drinks are dangerous.
                                                      > You should take a read of this:
                                                      > http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446673919/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5799451-7696022#reader-link
                                                      > . I personally find the quality of my day and my ability to focus on
                                                      > computer related tasks is based mostly on the amount of sleep I get.
                                                      >
                                                      > -jamie-

                                                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                                    • JC Jones
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Feb 5, 2004
                                                        On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 19:59, Jesse G. Lands wrote:
                                                        > Linux problems of the world have all been solved. We have nothing to talk
                                                        > about except coffee and caller-ID.
                                                        >
                                                        > -Jesse G. Lands
                                                        >
                                                        > Slackware 9.0/9.1
                                                        >
                                                        > "They are smoking Crack!"
                                                        > Linus Torvalds when asked about SCOs allegations that any IPO code could
                                                        > not be removed from Linux.

                                                        I'll give you something to ponder on...

                                                        Anybody running more than 1 multi-head video card (PCI)? How's it
                                                        work? Got any recommendations for cards that seem to work well
                                                        together. I've run out of PCI slots and still have 2 more monitors to
                                                        fill...

                                                        Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
                                                        1GB RAM
                                                        Intel 845 board.
                                                        2x200GB IDE Drives
                                                        1x120GB IDE Drives
                                                        2x80GB IDE Drives
                                                        3x36GB SCSI 10krpm drives
                                                        IDE CD-RW
                                                        7 drive external SCSI CD Tower
                                                        PCI Adaptec 2940UW SCSI Adapter
                                                        PCI Promise TX/100 EIDE Controller
                                                        AGP Radeon 7200 (Primary Display)
                                                        PCI Radeon 9000 dual head (Second and Third Displays)
                                                        PCI nVIDIA MX/400 (Fourth Display)
                                                        PCI nVIDIA TNT2 (Fifth Display)
                                                        PCI BT878 Video Capture Card
                                                        Server Case with redundant 700Watt power supplies, 6 cooling fans, and 9
                                                        full hieght 5.25" front mount drive bays.

                                                        RedHat 9.0 - using KDE

                                                        I want to replace my single head video cards with dual head cards (1
                                                        AGP, 1 PCI), and I want to replace my Radeon 9000 with a better dual
                                                        head card as it was a serius PITA to get working correctly to begin with
                                                        and won't co-exist with another one. That will free up one more PCI
                                                        slot for an HD-TV tuner card, and get my other 2 monitors on my desk
                                                        live.

                                                        Also, anyone know of a good server case with more than 9 5.25" front
                                                        mount drive bays? I'm running HotSwap chassis with independant cooling
                                                        for the drives so I need front case access to them, but I've got 2 IDE
                                                        channels I'm still not using and would love to stuff a couple more IDE
                                                        drives in there.

                                                        JC Jones
                                                      • hcour@yahoo.com
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Feb 5, 2004
                                                          >> I replied to you, but I found the message in my spam filter
                                                          because YahooGroups! has installed an over-sensitive spam filter <<

                                                          The group moderator can turn off the spam filter under
                                                          Management/Messages/Edit and may want to consider doing this if it's
                                                          causing headaches. I haven't noticed spam to be much of a problem in
                                                          this group. I own a Yahoo group and I turned mine off since spam
                                                          wasn't a problem but the spam filter was.

                                                          Harold
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                                                            Boring intro to state that hcour@... wrote:

                                                            > The group moderator can turn off the spam filter...

                                                            Thanks for the info!

                                                            I've just turned it off on the redhat group because it's a real pain. EVERY
                                                            SINGLE message snagged by SpamGuard so far has been a legitimate message.

                                                            --
                                                            G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
                                                            Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.24)
                                                            If you don't pay your exorcist, do you get repossessed?
                                                          • wolf_bear
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Feb 8, 2004

                                                              try this one: http://lokrin.net/humour/coffee.php 8-)