x-window in linux 6.2

  • Rajesh V P
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hello everybody

      I have celeron 400 and a intel 810C chipset.
      I have installed RH 6.2 server on my pc but it does'nt support X-
      Windows. How can I use X- windows on
      this cofiguration.

      thanks

      Rajesh vp
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
        Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:22:49 -0000 scripsit Rajesh V P:

        > I have celeron 400 and a intel 810C chipset.
        > I have installed RH 6.2 server on my pc but it does'nt support X-
        > Windows. How can I use X- windows on
        > this cofiguration.

        RH 6.2 certainly does support X-Window (no "s" at the end please, this isn't
        Microsoft...) but it probably doesn't have an i810 X server.

        You should try a more recent distribution because, to put it bluntly, RH 6.2
        is freakin' ANCIENT!

        Try getting hold of RH 9, or if you have a broadband connection you could
        download Fedora Core 1.

        --
        G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
        Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)