Linux News Group

  • Dawood H Sangameshwari
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      Does anybody has idea about any Linux news group that i can configure
      with MS Outlook or XIMIAN Evolution...
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        01 Dec 2003 17:47:27 +0530 scripsit Dawood H Sangameshwari:

        > Does anybody has idea about any Linux news group that i can configure
        > with MS Outlook or XIMIAN Evolution...

        No.

        Neither one of them does NNTP.

        For that you'll need a newsreader such as Pan, KNode, slrn, tin or one of
        many others.

        --
        G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
        Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
          Dawood wrote:

          > Does anybody has idea about any Linux news group that i can configure
          > with MS Outlook or XIMIAN Evolution...

          There are over 700 newsgroups related to Linux. What are you
          looking for? Do you have access to a good news server?

          -jdr-
        • Jim Reimer
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
            Godwin wrote:

            > 01 Dec 2003 17:47:27 +0530 scripsit Dawood H Sangameshwari:

            >> Does anybody has idea about any Linux news group that i can configure
            >> with MS Outlook or XIMIAN Evolution...

            > No.

            > Neither one of them does NNTP.

            > For that you'll need a newsreader such as Pan, KNode, slrn, tin or one of
            > many others.

            I thought Outlook did NNTP (?).

            -jdr-
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
              Mon, 1 Dec 2003 07:01:53 -0600 scripsit Jim Reimer:

              > I thought Outlook did NNTP (?).

              No. Outlook EXPRESS does NNTP, not Outlook.

              MS Outlook != MS Outlook Express.

              --
              G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
              Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)
              Okay, so what is the speed of dark?