Re: [linux] How to configure SWAT in redhat 9?

  • Andrew McCombe
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      Are you running a webserver?
      Andrew

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Muhammad Sazili" <msazili@...>
      To: <linux@yahoogroups.com>; <redhatlinux@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 5:30 AM
      Subject: [linux] How to configure SWAT in redhat 9?

      > Hi linuxers,
      > how to configure swat in redhat 9? i have modified /etc/services. but i
      > can not find /etc/inetd.conf. when i run http://localhost:901 in
      > browser, alert appears with message: "The connection was refused when
      > attempting to contact localhost:901".
      > how i configure that in correct way?
      >
      > thanks,
      > sazili

      http://www.yahoogroups.com

    • Scott Robbins
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 11:30:36AM +0700, Muhammad Sazili wrote:
        > Hi linuxers,
        > how to configure swat in redhat 9? i have modified /etc/services. but i
        > can not find /etc/inetd.conf. when i run http://localhost:901 in
        > browser, alert appears with message: "The connection was refused when
        > attempting to contact localhost:901".
        > how i configure that in correct way?

        That one is covered in the list faq at

        http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html

        It's probably either in xinetd. If not, you'll have to allow it in
        iptables--most well-known ports are blocked by default in RH's default
        iptables (well-known ports are 0-1023)

        I'm not a swat fan--back when I tried to use it, I found it a bit buggy,
        so got used to editing the config files by hand, so can't be that much
        more help, but hopefully, one (or perhaps both) of those guesses will
        help.

        To find out if it's being blocked in iptables, try

        iptables -L | more

        Willow: Nervous?
        Xander: No way. I'm full of that good old kamikazee spirit.
        Giles: Xander, just because this is never going to work, there's no
        need to be negative.