RE: [linux] apache says: "You don't have permission to access /" (buteverything looks fine)

  • James Drabb
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003

      Didn't you delete the user/group nobody? I would add them back. You can
      also open up your apache conf file and look for the user and group apache runs
      as and change it to some other user/group such as apache/apache.

      Jim Drabb
      'Palladium' is an answer to a question no one asked.
      You want safety, trusted code and no viruses? Get Linux.
      James Drabb JR
      Programmer Analyst
      Darden Restaurants
      Business Systems
      JDrabb at Darden dot com
    • Wolf Dreamer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
        James Drabb writes:

        > Didn't you delete the user/group nobody? I would add them back. You can
        > also open up your apache conf file and look for the user and group apache runs
        > as and change it to some other user/group such as apache/apache.
        >
        > Jim Drabb
        > --

        If he did not mess up nobody, go to the apache site and take a look up
        <Directory>
        </Directory>