Re: [linux] Re: Two distributions on a singe hard disk

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003
      And Thus Spake "George Osvald <mail@...>" <mail@...>
      (on Sat, 01 Mar 2003 23:29:52 -0000):

      > I would also create a separate account for each distribution so every
      > time you log in you will have customized desktop, menus and all.

      You will do anyway if the distros don't share their /home partitions.

      > The only way(other than have separate hard disks) how to really have
      > several independent distributions on your disk is to install them on
      > different partitions all together.

      ...which is precisely what I suggested.

      > You can share swap but all the other stuff I would leave independent.

      And /boot.

      Read my message again.

      G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
      Registered Linux user #284683

      GnuPG key : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
      Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4 0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6
      Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to the
      power of human idiocy.