Re: [linux] boot cd

  • Jim Reimer
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2003
      ANKIT NAGARSHETH wrote:
      > sir,
      > i am making a linux bootable cd.can u tell me where to
      > place o.s files,and is cd burning reqd.and what actual
      > process is required.
      >
      > pls reply
      >
      > ankit

      I have never done this myself, so I cannot help you with
      step by step instructions. However, if you will look at
      the bootdisk howto at http://www.tldp.org I think you will
      find the answers to your questions.

      -jdr-
    • George Osvald <mail@okstudio.com.au>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2003
        --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, ANKIT NAGARSHETH <ankit_nagarsheth@y...>
        wrote:
        > sir,
        > i am making a linux bootable cd.can u tell me where to
        > place o.s files,and is cd burning reqd.and what actual
        > process is required.
        >
        > pls reply
        >
        > ankit

        I would just make a boot floppy and then copy the files to CD. You
        also have to enable booting from CD in your bios.

        George
      • Jim Reimer
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2003

          > I would just make a boot floppy and then copy the files to CD. You
          > also have to enable booting from CD in your bios.

          That won't work. You have to put the *image* of a bootable floppy
          on the CD. Please see the previously-cited howto.

          -jdr-