Re: [linux] Disaster

  • Kevin C.Zee
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2002
      On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 00:24:03 -0500
      Matt Bailey <mattb@...> wrote:

      > I guess I will start from scratch (reinstall is probably good idea

      Bummer :(

      > Quick question...would a USB joystick require special joystick drivers,

      Ya know, I have a usb thrustmaster joypad and linux sees it. But, I have not ran into any games that support joystick use so, I can't test it (yet).

      --
      Kevin - psycho@...
      AIM - majorpissed <-- long story :)
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
        "Kevin C.Zee" wrote:

        > On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 00:24:03 -0500
        > Matt Bailey <mattb@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I guess I will start from scratch (reinstall is probably good idea
        >
        > Bummer :(
        >
        > > Quick question...would a USB joystick require special joystick drivers,
        >
        > Ya know, I have a usb thrustmaster joypad and linux sees it. But, I have not ran into any games that support joystick use so, I can't test it (yet).

        Well the main joystick apps I have are FlightGear which comes with
        Mandrake ( http://flightgear.org ) and Racer ( http://www.racer.nl ).
        There are also some joystick testing apps that come with the joystick
        driver here http://www.trylinux.com/projects/joystick/vojtech/ if you
        can get them to compile...I didn't have much luck (more than likely
        something I am doing wrong though).

        -Matt Bailey
      • Rubens Souza
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 25, 2009
          Does anyone know inform where do find material (books, websites, articles,
          etc), operating system recovery after disaster?

          RUBENS

        • Raquel
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 25, 2009
            On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:19:40 -0300
            "Rubens Souza" <rubensjosedesouza@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone know inform where do find material (books, websites,
            > articles, etc), operating system recovery after disaster?
            >

            > RUBENS

            Two things I can suggest. First, Google. Second, your backup.

            --
            Raquel
            Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot that it do singe yourself.

            --William Shakespeare (Henry VIII)
          • Alexandru Fira
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 25, 2009
                What exactly happened ?
                It is easy to boot a Linux live CD and copy to another drive everything you have on your hard disk.

                                                           Alex

              Phone number: 004-0364412643

              Mobile phone number: 004-0770607699

              Messenger ID: firaalexandru

              Skype ID: alexfiracluj

            • Michael Kjorling

                On 25 Aug 2009 07:28 -0700, by raquel@... (Raquel):
                >> Does anyone know inform where do find material (books, websites,
                >> articles, etc), operating system recovery after disaster?
                >
                > Two things I can suggest. First, Google. Second, your backup.

                If _operating system_ recovery is what is needed, the easiest is
                probably to just break out the original installation media and
                reinstall.

                Once you have a working system again, implement an appropriate
                disaster recovery plan, whether that means rebuilding everything from
                scratch or restoring your most recent backup.

                The specific steps will vary widely depending on hardware platform,
                operating system, user software and data.

                - --
                Michael Kjörling .. michael@... .. http://michael.kjorling.se
                * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *
                * ENCRYPTED email preferred -- OpenPGP key ID: 0x 758F8749 BDE9ADA6 *
                * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML mail, proprietary attachments *