RE: [] [Linux] Samba problems

  • Gautam, Ajay
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2002
      Thanks a ton Scott. You FAQ really helped. I got samba to work.

      Yes, I am using Gentoo 1.1a

      Thanks once again

      --
      Ajay Gautam

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2002
        On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:42:54 -0400
        "Gautam, Ajay" <agautam@...> wrote:

        > Thanks a ton Scott. You FAQ really helped. I got samba to work.
        >
        > Yes, I am using Gentoo 1.1a
        >
        > Thanks once again

        Glad it helped. If you get printing with it and cups working, let me
        know--it seems, judging from what I'm seeing on the mailing lists, that
        most folks are getting working OOTB (Out of the box)

        Scott

      • Gautam, Ajay
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2002
          I started reading the SMB HOWTO to get samba printing working, but could not
          get very far, will try again later. I have a windows based network (printer
          server) that I need to print to from this box. If I am able to do it, I will
          let u know.

          I was working to get open-ssh working, but no luck, there either.

          The biggest problem now, is system resources. kde-libs is not being able to
          emerge, which is also needed by other programs, such as gaim.

          Any ideas ?

          --
          Ajay Gautam

          > Thanks a ton Scott. You FAQ really helped. I got samba to work.
          >
          > Yes, I am using Gentoo 1.1a
          >
          > Thanks once again

          Glad it helped. If you get printing with it and cups working, let me
          know--it seems, judging from what I'm seeing on the mailing lists, that
          most folks are getting working OOTB (Out of the box)

          Scott

          This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
          confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
          it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
          in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
          take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
          it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
          for your compliance.
        • abdelfattah islam
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 22, 2002
            Hi everybody.

            Thanks for all the help . please i want to know how
            can i configue my Linux server to enable users to use
            MSN massanger through squid on the server.

            the server is Linux redhat 6
            proxy server is squid
            clients is win 98

            please tel me if i want another SW and where i can
            download it or
            i can made this on linux

            thanks 4 all

            http://games.yahoo.com/
          • Hank Stalica
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2002
              I'm running Red Hat Linux 7.1. I was just wondering how I set someone up as
              a group admin?

              Thanks in advance,

              --Hank

              --
              The box said "Windows '95 or Better"... so I got a Mac.
            • Michael Kjorling
              • Nicholas jeffery
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2002
                  you could have any group you can specify with
                  $ groupadd "group" ( see man )

                  e.g Backupadmin ( will contain users that will have access to all /home
                  files and what not..)

                  Depending on how many users you want to be in this group so you, root, could
                  give them permission to access the /home/anybodyAccounts to make backup.

                  Therefore any user in the Backupadmin group could have that permission.

                  hopes this helps

                  yours
                  coffee